• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chindie

Nintendo Switch - March 2017

190 posts in this topic

Posted

4 hours ago, CardiffGreens said:

£45 to replay the same basic game of bomberman you've been able to play on the last million consoles.  I sit next to someone in work who's preordered a switch because he's "weak willed and likes shiny things" and told him it'd be like repackaging Street Fighter 2 and launching it on the Switch as a brand new game with much fanfare for £50 a pop.

He then pointed out that Ultra Street Fighter II was in fact being released.

Yes I have looked amazon the price for games are ridiculous who the hell has gone with this pricing strategy? 

Posted

On 2/10/2017 at 13:36, CardiffGreens said:

£45 to replay the same basic game of bomberman you've been able to play on the last million consoles.  I sit next to someone in work who's preordered a switch because he's "weak willed and likes shiny things" and told him it'd be like repackaging Street Fighter 2 and launching it on the Switch as a brand new game with much fanfare for £50 a pop.

He then pointed out that Ultra Street Fighter II was in fact being released.

Because there's no 3rd party support (and never will be) Nintendo appear to have resorted to re-releasing old games and charging full price for them in a bizarre effort to make it look like there are games you can buy when you get your new switch. 

Also it's amazing 1-2 switch wasn't bundled with the console. Imagine paying £35 for a collection of terrible mini games that are essentially tech demos that you will be bored of in 8 seconds. 

Posted

I went along to the Birmingham preview event yesterday and I have to say it's a great bit of kit. I was really impressed with some of the games on show too. Arms especially although I am not sure what the longevity of that will be like. 

After being initially sceptical, I think Nintendo have got this right and I have decided to stick with my pre order.

Posted

People reporting a problem with the Joycons. They have a very limited range and seem to be severely affected by line of sight and how they're held.

Ah, Nintendo.

Where's that banging the table laughing emoticon...

Posted

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is being spoken about in previews as one of the greatest games ever made.

Posted

Once again I find myself wanting to buy a Nintendo console purely so I can play Zelda.

1 person likes this

Posted

It was with some surprise that I was confronted with an advert, on television, for the new Nintendo console yesterday evening. I was quite confused as to what I was seeing at first, but a typically insightful comment from the girly ("look's shit") quickly snaped me out of my stupor, to allow my brain to fully process what my eyes were seeing. Incredible stuff, I can't remember the last time I saw an ad on TV for a Nintendo home console, compared to the near endless PS3/4 and 360/Xbone ads over the last few years.

Slapped all over the tube too. Literally unbelievable, what do Nintendo think they're playing at? It's almost as if they want to see this thing.

Was the Breath of the Wild preview embargo up yesterday evening? I read a general Switch preview early on Friday, but they could only really talk about 1-2-Switch.

Posted

On 25/02/2017 at 09:36, Chindie said:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is being spoken about in previews as one of the greatest games ever made.

Largely because it's Zelda... 

GTA: IV was also reviewed as one of the greatest games of all time a decade ago, but it was still pretty average once the dust settled.

I am sure Breath of the Wild is good, but Zelda is one of those games where almost no one can be unbiased as almost every gamer has some form of affinity with the brand.

Same reason why Elder Scrolls gets such universal praise. Any other game launching as buggy and broken would be a 7/10, Elder Scrolls gets a 10/10 every single time.. It's the way gaming is. Gaming royalty always gets a free pass in reviews. 

Posted

I saw an advert for this on the telly earlier (the switch 1-2 game) and it looked so bad I actually thought it was a parody. I think it was the part with a mini game of shaking up coke bottles, that did it. 

Posted

Mario odyssey looks awesome.

looks like like Mario 64 which was one of my favourite Mario games ever

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0