Fantasy Football 2016/17

Rds1983

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Coincidentally, the big double gameweek has just been confirmed.

Week 37 has 5 extra fixtures. Anyone with a wildcard and a benchboost left will be happy (like this guy!)

Gotta love a big finish

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Gotta love a big finish

Nobody at my work seem remotely aware of the advantage the big double gameweek gives you. Pretty much everyone has used all of their chips and both wildcards by now.

Last year I did the same. Played my wildcard to get 15 players in my squad who had a double gameweek and then used the bench boost to make sure everyone scored points. It's like having 15 captains. Ended up with like 150+ points for one week.

And the fact that it's week 37 this season is even better as it means you only have one week after that with an unbalanced squad

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

One thing I'm yet to grasp in FF is how the money works.

My squad value is £101m, but if I sold all my players I'd only have £99m. I don't know how that happens. I know of people who manage to accumulate big squad values and it can definitely be an advantage.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

One thing I'm yet to grasp in FF is how the money works.

My squad value is £101m, but if I sold all my players I'd only have £99m. I don't know how that happens. I know of people who manage to accumulate big squad values and it can definitely be an advantage.

Every time a player increases in value by 0.2m, he increases in value to you by 0.1

for example, I bring in Benteke at 7.5m and he proceeds to go on a rampage at the weekend against a hapless Sunderland. Other FF managers notice this and spot some that he has some tasty upcoming fixtures. They bring him in and his price goes up (I think it's a 0.1 price rise for 10k or 100k signings but not sure on that, big difference I know!). If his prices rises to 7.6 he's still worth 7.5 if I were to sell him, but once he hits 7.7 he becomes worth 7.6 to me, and so on. 

This is why I tend to risk making transfers early (e.g. Saturday/Sunday evening) to try and beat price rise. It can of course backfire due to injuries in training but it tends to be fine.

Edited by chappy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an absolute nightmare since last posting in here. Some dreadful weeks has now left me 90 points behind the leader of my work league.

Still got my triple captain and doublegameweek/benchboost super combo to play, and he's got nothing. But I'm no longer confident at all

On 13/04/2017 at 09:48, chappy said:

This is why I tend to risk making transfers early (e.g. Saturday/Sunday evening) to try and beat price rise. It can of course backfire due to injuries in training but it tends to be fine.

Oh I'm forever at this.  I love an early transfer once the gameweek deadline progresses.  But I've regularly been burned by injuries to other players around the squad that then needed attention as well.

• Like 1

I'm second, Haven't really been paying attention to the VillaTalk league though tbh so i'm pleasantly surprised.

Been saving my bench boost for the monster double game week coming up and have been slowly bringing in players with more games left to play.

Just for a larf, I logged in this week and used my wildcard.  I have 158pts from the first 36 weeks (see here as to why).  I'd love to double that in 1 gameweek :):P

Here's the team heading into the bumper week 37.

239ca2290b2ebb7607887ea8d6728734.png

Sanchez scoring tonight saved me, I've played my triple captain on him.

I'll be within 50 points of the leader of my work league now.

Next week I'll have 15 players with a double gameweek and I'll be playing my bench boost.

Could be a miracuklous comeback!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Just remember the immortal words of Syndrome

1owq34.jpg

Luckily everyone in my work league seems to be oblivious to the big double week. They all played their wildcards and chips weeks ago. 

I'm the only one playing my bench boost this week. 

• Like 2

I'm on 50. I've been preparing for this week for ages and Puel screwed me by dropping Cedric, Stephens and Gabbiadini :angry:

Luckily I have Alexis as captain, and Sane had a good day too. 17 potential players to go, hoping to break 100 points.

Yep I have Cedric and Gabbiadini too. I'd have dropped Gabbiadini this week if I could afford to but I couldn't. 

Always happens on the double gameweeks though, players get rested. 

100 is the minimum I expect this week. In reality I need more. 

I've exactly halved the gap between the leader and I. I've still got a potential 15 scores left to come.

I really need Sanchez to shake off his knock though. He's my captain, and with them gunning (pun intended) for 4th and Sunderland to play this week, I'm expecting something from him.

7th in the VT league - could feasibly finish as high as 5th but I think the top 4 have it sewn up - well done whoever you are!

In my big moneyleague I am 3rd. I had been feeling confident coming into this gameweek but rotation has shafted me - and Eden Hazard failing to muster as much as a bloody assist in an open seven goal slugfest last night has angered me greatly. Hoping for a Sanchez no show and a big performance from Jesus tonight - and a couple from Mr Kane later in the week. 

Sancheeeeezzzzzzzzz!

A lovely evening. I'll be top of my work league after tonight, and still with potentially 9 players to play, which is far more than anyone else.

It's as good as won.

I may not quite double my 158pts in one week, but I'm currently on 105+1 (sub) with 4 still to play.  Not a bad effort at all :lol: