Fantasy Football 2016/17

Rds1983

31 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

How on earth did you manage that? That must have been one odd starting selection.

Picked people I thought would be starters but weren't . . . can't remember without checking, but Batshuayi and Mkhitaryan were two of them I think, and then I went heavy on Boro who seem to rotate every week. 

It was undoubtedly a series of terrible decisions, but they weren't completely illogical. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well my name is fitting so far, in the h2h league 'progressively worse' have lost all their matches. All round disastrous selections so far.  and 168 / 175 of all VT teams 

Edited by Rodders

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

well my name is fitting so far, in the h2h league 'progressively worse' have lost all their matches. All round disastrous selections so far.  and 168 / 175 of all VT teams 

Maybe aim for last place?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I seem to have stumbled upon a successful strategy for fantasy football.

You know how annoying it is when you transfer a player out and then they go and score a load of points in the next game? Or when you bring a player in off the back of good form and they don't score for 10 weeks? Or when you have to use your wildcard straight away because your first week's score wasn't what you'd hoped. 

Well, I set my team up at the start of the season and then completely lost interest. A mixture Villa not being in the Premier League and the new website looking horrendous, left me feeling rather, meh! 

Anyway, someone at work was talking about the team they'd picked and I thought I'd have a look where I was for a laugh. Fully expecting to be bottom with a team full of injured players. Turns out I'm top of that league! And a respectable 13th in the VT league. 

So, as an experiment, I'm going to continue with the exact same team I started with and see where that takes me. No transfers, no tinkering. I think it's where I've gone wrong over all these years. The temptation to mess with the team is strong, but I must resist. For scientific purposes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How's everyone doing this year?

I'm about 30th in the VT league which isn't too bad, and more importantly 2nd in my work's league, which has about £200 riding on it.

My season has mirrored my season last year really. Since about November I've been basically brilliant, apart forma stutter the past few weeks mainly down to poor Captain Choices.

But up until October/November I was dreadful. bottom of basically every league I was in.

If I can ever sort the start of the season out I might have a chance at this!

Edit: the plus for me in my work's league is everyone at the top has used most, if not all, of their chips and wildcards, whereas I have all of mine intact. So I'm pretty confident, especially with a couple of double weeks coming up.

Edited by Stevo985

I haven't done it this year.  Well, I signed up so as to renew my admin leagues so others could re-join them, but I've picked players who never play so I can stay bottom.

The worry is, I haven't missed it in the slightest, and the thoughts of going back to it aren't appealing to me.  This, coming from someone who used to slightly obsess over it.  I'm enjoying the extra free time :)  Maybe when Villa go up it'll start to appeal again.

Third in my work league, fifth in Irreverentad's league, couldn't get into the larger VT league but have 1,681 points which i think puts me 28th.

Have my wildcard and bench boost to exploit the double gameweeks.

35 minutes ago, BOF said:

I haven't done it this year.  Well, I signed up so as to renew my admin leagues so others could re-join them, but I've picked players who never play so I can stay bottom.

The worry is, I haven't missed it in the slightest, and the thoughts of going back to it aren't appealing to me.  This, coming from someone who used to slightly obsess over it.  I'm enjoying the extra free time :)  Maybe when Villa go up it'll start to appeal again.

I think it appeals more without us in there, not that I've improved any

1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

It's more a case that I don't follow the Premier League this season.  I've probably watched one MOTD.  I'm not interested in it because we're not in it, but I will be when we are :)

21 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

This for me.

It's given me an extra reason to follow the PL.

I've loved it this year more than I have in years and years.

Coincidentally, the big double gameweek has just been confirmed.

Week 37 has 5 extra fixtures. Anyone with a wildcard and a benchboost left will be happy (like this guy!)

• Like 1