Sky Q

Kingman

As far as I'm aware mate its still not officially released/supported just yet.

Like i said it is there and available to be used in the hidden menu but sky have not Officially said go and use it. Infact they still insist on a WiFi connection over hard wired.

Its probably fine to use but if blows something or any type of confliction and its still not officially released/supported sky will just turn round and say your mess, You clean it up.

Edited by Kingman

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Not a fan of the SkyQ interface if I am honest. lets hope that when they bring out the update early next year it improves.

I thought that when i first got it 4/5 months ago. 

Now I've got used to it there is No way i would ever go back to the old HD format/EPG. (well only when I'm on holiday so i can put the sling box on) :D

Edited by Kingman

Next update will include Voice search, 

However, Sky won't be pinned down on precisely when in 2017 that feature will land. So you'll have to keep using your thumbs over the remote to scan Sky's show and movie catalogue a little longer yet.

Also planned as part of next year's update push is the ability to record six shows while watching a seventh. Which is surely more recording options than there are things worth watching at any one time!

Sky is also is planning on letting its Sky Q box owners customise the homepage interface to give them more convenient access to the features they use most, as well as introducing a "Sports Start Over" control which will allow viewers to restart live football, F1 and Golfing events. 

http://www.techradar.com/news/sky-q-voice-search-is-still-coming-but-youll-have-to-wait-until-next-year

Edited by Kingman

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

Sky is also is planning on letting its Sky Q box owners customise the homepage interface to give them more convenient access to the features they use most, as well as introducing a "Sports Start Over" control which will allow viewers to restart live football, F1 and Golfing events. 

I'm not sure that even Sky can restart sporting events, so I guess they just mean their programmes :)

17 hours ago, limpid said:

I'm not sure that even Sky can restart sporting events, so I guess they just mean their programmes :)

I wish they would focus on implementing HDR and enable UHD on the Minis. 

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So what happens if box is damaged or as not as it was? Is there a penalty charge?

Its the same as Virgin Tivo whereas you only rent the box. 

If it breaks they replace the box for free, If you break the box i guess you would have to replace it, same as you would do if you broke the HD box.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kingman said:

Seeing as the touch pad RC is Bluetooth, Wonder if there will be a way to pair wireless head phones? 

Only if the Bluetooth device and software stack supports the headphone profiles.

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

Only if the Bluetooth device and software stack supports the headphone profiles.

From doing a bit of digging it appears its only Input for now ie the RC but not Output? 

First I've heard of input only unless it's incorrect? 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

From doing a bit of digging it appears its only Input for now ie the RC but not Output? 

First I've heard of input only unless it's incorrect? 

Yep, sounds like someone who doesn't understand how pairing works :)

5 hours ago, limpid said:

So assuming the Tv has an optical or coax digital audio out, Would installing a D/A convertor which you can then feed it's output to a BT transmitter work? 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope I still have mine

Yeah I think it's just one of those things they say but never act on. I'm pretty sure all my boxes have been property of Sky, but they've never asked for them back.

Â