Sky Q

Kingman

Just now, Kingman said:

Treat yourself the weekend pal, You've worked hard this year ;)

If I don't pay the bill for VT for a couple of months I can get one.

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think it could be time to upgrade, is it broadcast in 4k or streamed like BT? 

Live Sports like Football or F1 will be via satellite when you can choose to view the 4K transmission or not, everything else will be broadband as it is listed 'On Demand' or 'Catch Up'. most of the UHD content is downloadable and should hopefully be better PQ and SQ than BT UHD as a result of not having to be overly compressed to save bandwidth. I guess that even the simple switch from 1080i to 1080p in the new Q box will even improve PQ for non 4k sets.

Just landed a code, £10 install, £54 a month for Silver and one mini box + 4 devices with sports/movies pack. 18 month contract. 

Happy as a pig in shit :D

On 21 July 2016 at 09:40, PieFacE said:

Think it could be time to upgrade, is it broadcast in 4k or streamed like BT? 

"SIS LIVE is to provide Ultra High Definition fibre connectivity for Sky Sports Ultra HD coverage of the English Premier League. 

It reaffirms SIS LIVE’s vision of being the connectivity provider of choice for critical media content.

Today’s announcement follows months of collaboration between SIS LIVE and Sky Sports to ensure viewers receive live coverage in the highest possible picture quality.

From the start of the 2016-17 Premier League football season on 13 August, SIS LIVE will utilise its Anylive™ fibre network to deliver Ultra HD pictures for 124 games covered by Sky Sports.

The managed fibre connection (up to 850 Mbit/s) will use SIS LIVE’s fibre infrastructure, connecting every Premier League ground to SIS LIVE’s network operation centres in MediaCityUK and Milton Keynes, in addition to Sky Sports studios.

HD reverse vision feeds will be delivered as part of the service, and SIS LIVE is providing Sky Sports with network control on match days by installing Net Insight’s Nimbra Touch and Switch technology at Sky Sports studios."

UHD connectivity for Sky Sports

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am cancelling my sky now fed up of them fobbing me off and putting prices up. i am getting a android box no hassle

Dude, Cancel your TV Package on the phone and within minutes if you login via the sky service app you will have a 50% off tv offer waiting. 

Failing that go here https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and get 50% off TV + £50 credit. 

You must cancel tv package over the phone though so your 31 day cancelation notice is showing active before you can get the above discounts applied.

First taster of UHD Material out next week before the big roll out on the 13th 

5th August around Midday (Movies and Entertainment)
Big Cats
Forest Gump
Pixels

6th August 5pm Sky Sports
International Champions Cup - Liverpool vs Barcelona 

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sk...s/td-p/2502199

Edited by Kingman

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just ordered Sky Q... 6 weeks to install it!!! :o

Must be popular. Mine took 2 days (and 40 minutes entry to exit including new dish).

Just now, limpid said:

Must be popular. Mine took 2 days (and 40 minutes entry to exit including new dish).

Think it's cos I live in a block of flats and they have to do work on the communal dish (think an LNB needs to be swapped out) before they can come and install. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 16:09, Kingman said:

Dude, Cancel your TV Package on the phone and within minutes if you login via the sky service app you will have a 50% off tv offer waiting. 

Failing that go here https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and get 50% off TV + £50 credit. 

You must cancel tv package over the phone though so your 31 day cancelation notice is showing active before you can get the above discounts applied.

Cancelled sky in end they are just being a-holes. ordered a android box instead. Kept the BB and my bills gone from £97 to £27 now. Used the money saved to join david lloyds. money going towards something to keep me healthier :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think it's cos I live in a block of flats and they have to do work on the communal dish (think an LNB needs to be swapped out) before they can come and install. 

My installer said its the first time he had know sky advertise for installers in 8 years, The guy was good he changed the dish, cables, I Requested a Hybrid LNB so now keep multi rooms as freesat as have 6 outputs on LNB
Main reason though for me is that the Sky Q box dose not have a scart connection for my sling box so I've left in my existing HD box for this and he run another two cables through, One for Sling box and one for TV Freesat to show off the SES Astra UHD Demo channel :clap: 

Have to say even the sound is far superior on the demo channel.

Ah that's annoying, they specifically told me that I wasn't allowed to keep both multiroom and Sky Q because of the LNB change.

Looking forward to getting SkyQ, just got to get myself a UHD TV now. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Ah that's annoying, they specifically told me that I wasn't allowed to keep both multiroom and Sky Q because of the LNB change.

Looking forward to getting SkyQ, just got to get myself a UHD TV now. :)

Just tell them you want a Hybrid LNB as you have Freesat in another room mate. 

If they install a Wide band LNB then you will loose multi room.

Edited by Kingman

On 4 August 2016 at 15:31, Demitri_C said:

Cancelled sky in end they are just being a-holes. ordered a android box instead. Kept the BB and my bills gone from £97 to £27 now. Used the money saved to join david lloyds. money going towards something to keep me healthier :mrgreen:

Don't no what happened there dude, 

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. 

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer for 50% off your subscription package and £50 credit. 

Ive renewed a few family members of late from last years 60% off and £100 credit but not available this time round. 

Still got them 50% off Multi room, Free Broadband with half price line rental on top of the above offers. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I Watched the UHD documentary "Cats" last night on Sky Q, Absolutely stunning in 4k. 

At one point when a Lion was on the hunt, you could see every grain of sand flicking up from the chase. 

Hope the football is as good a detail today.

Edited by Kingman

On 23 July 2016 at 10:59, Kingman said:

Just landed a code, £10 install, £54 a month for Silver and one mini box + 4 devices with sports/movies pack. 18 month contract. 

Happy as a pig in shit :D

I've got a code but currently have a Sky sub. Did you have a active Sky sub? Is it a case of cancelling and just using the code to sign back up? I presume this won't work?

Â