Sky Q

Kingman

• 1 month later...

Having a shocker with Sky.

I took out Sky Q back in September but they kept me on the same contract which means it has now come up. They have increased my package from £49 to £69. What I didn't realise was that my multiscreen did not carry over as well and my Sky Q multiscreen started as of September so does not end until March 2019. Likewise my Sky Broadband deal is on the same contract. I called to give it the old 'I'm leaving' but they said that I would have to pay £66 early charge for multiscreen and also my broadband would go up by £10 as I got a discount because I had Sky TV. 

Not really sure what to do. They have offered to reduce my package from £69 down to £56 but it would be a new 18 month contract starting again. Tempted to cancel and get a Kodi box!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Bump!!

So whats the deal lately with Sky Q. Bought a new posh telly so I think i'm gonna go for it. I have the old HD box at the moment. What the best way to blag me a cheap upgrade to Q. 

Deals go in the thread in off topic. This one is for the tech ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got some questions that I'm hoping a few of you could help me with.

I'm currently with Virgin - phone, TV (Mix package) and 100mb Fibre. I'm paying a fair bit and now out of contract so going to call up and cancel it as I can get a better deal with Sky.

Sky deal is Sky Entertainment, Fibre Max 63mb and phone all with Sky Q.

The main question is, if Virgin decide to match the deal would you reccomend staying with Virgin or moving over to Sky (mainly for the Sky Q). Does anyone know how noticeable 100mb to 63mb fibre would be (only 2 people in the house)

If I go the Sky route, is HD worth it? Do you get many channels?

On 15/11/2018 at 11:50, wilko154 said:

I've got some questions that I'm hoping a few of you could help me with.

I'm currently with Virgin - phone, TV (Mix package) and 100mb Fibre. I'm paying a fair bit and now out of contract so going to call up and cancel it as I can get a better deal with Sky.

Sky deal is Sky Entertainment, Fibre Max 63mb and phone all with Sky Q.

The main question is, if Virgin decide to match the deal would you reccomend staying with Virgin or moving over to Sky (mainly for the Sky Q). Does anyone know how noticeable 100mb to 63mb fibre would be (only 2 people in the house)

If I go the Sky route, is HD worth it? Do you get many channels?

Virgin broadband is far better than sky and you can up it to 200/350 if 100 isn't fast enough for you (ideal if you have ps4/xbox with large downloads). Try ringing virgin and just mention all the black friday deals around. they will not match the current new customers deal of £75 for everything with 2 v6 boxes which is incredibly cheap but they knocked 35pm off my bill and gave me 50 off the next bill for agreeing to stay for another 12 months when i rang them yesterday

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Virgin broadband is far better than sky and you can up it to 200/350 if 100 isn't fast enough for you (ideal if you have ps4/xbox with large downloads). Try ringing virgin and just mention all the black friday deals around. they will not match the current new customers deal of £75 for everything with 2 v6 boxes which is incredibly cheap but they knocked 35pm off my bill and gave me 50 off the next bill for agreeing to stay for another 12 months when i rang them yesterday

Thanks, I'll give that a go this evening.

• 1 year later...

Hello one and all

I've got skyQ + 2x multi room with basic TV package, Bband (ul) and line. Paying £52.52 pm.

Not bothered about movies as I have Netflix and Prime + I can just DL anything I want.

Thats ending in November, whats the play these days regarding getting best new deal etc, wouldnt mind adding Sports.

What are others paying on here, any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. 

UTV

Edited by Phil Silvers

• 3 weeks later...
Â