• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Kingman

Sky Q

107 posts in this topic

Posted

18 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Same but without the extra box, although that's only £12 so it's £47 all in.

Will be taking BT for my broadband as Sky have no offers on right now.

Cracking deal here for Fibre and Line Rental... 

Ends Wed. Fibre & line rent £408 for 1yr, get £150 card and £50 cashback*

WORKS OUT EQUIV £17.32/MTH

• Available to: 83% of UK
  • Speed: Up to 52Mb 
  • Download limit: Unlimited 
  • Traffic shaping? No 
  • Contract length: 12 months
  • Deal requires line rental? Yes
  • Inclusive calls? Weekend
  • New line installation: Free

Until 23.59 on Wed 19 April, BT broadband newbies can get a one-year contract for line rent & up-to-52Mb speed unlimited broadband (up to 3x faster than standard) using this BT link*. The deal's available to 83% of the UK – you're told if you can get it when applying. Here's how it works:

1. Unlimited fibre broadband and line rent £28.99/mth for 12mths. After it jumps to £47.49/mth. Weekend calls to UK landlines are included – see BT call costs.
  2. You pay £59.99 set-up costs. Includes activation and p&p for the 'free' router.
  3. Get £150 on a prepaid Mastercard and £50 cashback but you MUST claim them. This makes the deal really hot, but annoyingly BT won't remind you to claim, so diarise to use this Mastercard claim link and cashback link. You've up to three months to claim after activation – they'll arrive separately and may take up to 45 days.

- Is the price fixed during the contract? Technically no, though BT told us it has no plans to increase it. If it does, you should be able to ditch your contract penalty-free.

Cost analysis: You pay £407.87 over one year before calls. But claim the cashback & use the Mastercard (which is like cash) & it's £207.87, equiv to £17.32/mth. Regular cashback site users may see bigger cashback elsewhere, but often on more expensive deals.

- Anything else? You get 100GB of free online storage and you can opt in to BT Sport free for three months, £5/mth after, on a 12-month contract. A 30-day rolling contract costs £5/mth. If you want to watch on Sky, it's free for three months, £7.50/mth after, on a 12-month contract.

Full BT call charges, tips & customer service ratings 

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#btfibre

Posted

Yeah, that's what I've signed up for.  Had a nightmare with the order process though, and had to place my order 3 times.  Communication from BT has been woeful.  Think we've finally got there in the end though!

I also managed to get about £80 cashback through Quidco, so all in it's an awesome offer.

Posted

That's the broadband I have and I regularly get 50MB plus, so it doesn't appear to be like many broadband offers I've had before where the "upto" translates as "never even close to".

Never had any problems with it. Anytime it's gone slow or stopped working (which is rare) a router reboot always does the trick.

Posted

I currently pay £38  for Unlimited Fibre, Line rental and BT Sports pack in HD

Initially after my first year expired I received notifications of new price stating £58 

Usual crack, On the blower for the yearly haggling saying can't afford the price increases so turn it off yadder

30mins later saves £20pm, get sports free for first 3 months and available on 2 mobile devices. 

You actually get to speake to a real Geordie when you want to leave rather than incoherent timbooktwo when you have a query. 

Posted

Hey @Kingman any deals on the TV packages at the minute?

Posted

On 19/04/2017 at 15:37, V01 said:

Hey @Kingman any deals on the TV packages at the minute?

Are you existing HD looking to upgrade to Q or new customer? 

Posted

Please can we stop talking about deals in a tech thread? Thanks