Sky Q

Kingman

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I've got a code but currently have a Sky sub. Did you have a active Sky sub? Is it a case of cancelling and just using the code to sign back up? I presume this won't work?

Yeah Had existing HD Box sub in missus name, Was in month 12 of a 12 month contract so activated 31 day cancelation notice. 

Opened new Sky Q Account in my name as technically she is still an existing customer till 18th August when the cancelation officially knocks off existing HD Box. 

When you go to the checkout, if you click the basket icon it give you 2 options, 1, for new customer and 1 for existing. Could always have a tinker maybe?

I Just changed the name and email address correspondence but bank details remain the same. Many people also exploit this every year to get new customer offers/benefits 

TBH Sky aint fussed if the account holder is named Micky Mouse just as long as the details are correct for the Queens head to be landing in there German Tank every month :D

Edited by Kingman

Hearing more folk are getting the friends and family code off live chat, £10 install, £54 a month for Silver and one mini box + Q on 4 devices with sports/movies pack inc. 18 month contract. 

Try your luck folks if your thinking of making the switch.

• Like 1

Looks like the rumours were right. Sky Q is now reduced to 12 months contract.

New packages too. Sky Q Silver package is gone.

New packages:
Variety + Sky Q 1TB £32 per month + £49 installation
Box sets + Sky Q 1TB £38 per month + £49
Variety + Sky Q 2TB £32 per month + £99 installation
Box sets + Sky Q 2TB £38 per month + £99
Multiscreen is another £12 on top of those prices and installation reduced to £10 

http://www.sky.com/shop/sky-bundles?DCMP=afc-473347&affiliate=true 

Just found out these codes also work for Sky Q so will drop it in here to. 

Here you go sports fans, Dip ya bread in one of these codes :D 

If you're a new customer, or your haggle didn't give you a big enough discount, the current top deals are below. Here, it's all about timing. Offers come and go, so if you see one you like, grab it while you can. 

Sky

New. Full Sky TV incl sports and movies 60% off – £29/mth + £10 set-up fee*

35,000 CODES AVAILABLE, REDEEM THIS FRI TO 2 SEPT

We've blagged this cracking Sky TV deal* for the full works bundle, including movies and sports (though sport in HD costs £6/mth extra). If you don't want the full shebang, you can pay from £20.40 to remove either sports or movies. To qualify you must be a new Sky customer (ie, haven't had any of its TV, phone or broadband services in the last 12 months). Here's what you need to do to get it:

• Fill out this Sky form* by 11.59pm on Fri 2 Sept to get one of 35,000 codes and a special email link to get the deal, though it could sell out earlier.
  • To get the deal you must follow that special link and sign up before 11.59pm on Fri 2 Sept
  • Note: if you got the code before 10am Fri 19 Aug you should've received your link on Friday. 
  • You'll receive an email reminder from Sky on Thu 1 Sept just before the deal closes if you've not signed up. 

You're not allowed to sell these codes, so please only get one if you'll use it, otherwise you're depriving someone else.

Here are the TV options and prices – all on a 12mth contract. Note: Sky Movies has been renamed Sky Cinema, and the Family bundle has been renamed Sky Box Sets (which includes everything bar sports and movies, incl Sky Atlantic, plus 350 box sets and HD on all non-sports and movie channels)

• Sky Box Sets with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. £29.40/mth, then the normal £74/mth after a year. Sadly sports channels are only in standard definition; HD costs £6/mth more. 
  • Sky Box Sets with Sky Sports. £25.15/mth, then the normal £65.50/mth after a year. Sports HD costs an extra £6/mth.
  • Sky Box Sets with Sky Cinema. £20.40/mth, then the normal £56/mth after a year.
  • Compulsory £10 set-up fee. Sadly, this is unavoidable on Sky TV packages. 

Bear in mind that Sky is also offering free unlimited standard broadband with this package, if you pay its £17.40/mth line rental. But check out our Cheap Broadbandguide as better deals are available, from equiv £9.24/mth for line rent and broadband. 

Quick questions

Who counts as a new customer?

Are channels such as BT Sport/ESPN or other sports channels included?

What if I'm having issues with the deal?

Do I have to pay by direct debit?

Can I add any extras? 

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...heap-cable#sky 

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Do the links work for anyone else? 

ie, for the sky form

I'd really like one of these codes but can't get the links to work :( 

EDIT: https://promotioncode.sky.com/campaigns/70boxsets12MHP?DCMP=afc-726842&affiliate=true - This link worked for me

Try this Pal 

https://promotioncode.sky.com/campaigns/70boxsets12MHP?DCMP=afc-726842&affiliate=true 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Codes going around again. (Or just phone up and work your magic to get one) which will give you Sky Q with the Complete Bundle (Box Sets / Sports / Movies and UHD) as well as a Sky Q mini Box for £35 a month for 12 months with a 12 month contract. 

Only for new customers but just change name to your partners.
You have to sign up before 29th September for the offer but the install can be any date after. 

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57d1988dc4b98/Screenshot_20160908-174741.png?  

What a shambles.

So I waited 6 weeks for Sky Q to be installed. The Sky engineers turned up and asked me "So, have you been in contact with the building management company to enable your building for Sky Q?" ... to which I replied no, I was not told to do this at any point during the ordering process online, how on earth was I supposed to know to do that?

So they tried to install a Sky Q box in my apartment a guess what, it hasn't been enabled.

What the **** was the 6 week wait about then?!?

Urgh, **** sky. 

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

What a shambles.

So I waited 6 weeks for Sky Q to be installed. The Sky engineers turned up and asked me "So, have you been in contact with the building management company to enable your building for Sky Q?" ... to which I replied no, I was not told to do this at any point during the ordering process online, how on earth was I supposed to know to do that?

So they tried to install a Sky Q box in my apartment a guess what, it hasn't been enabled.

What the **** was the 6 week wait about then?!?

Urgh, **** sky. 

Don't understand, Do you have communal dish?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4 October 2016 at 10:49, Kingman said:

Sky Sports Interactive will allow split screen allowing video clips to be played alongside live TV on your Sky Q 1TB and Sky Q 2TB boxes.

Red Button users on Sky Q 1TB & Sky Q 2TB boxes can also customise their Match Choice or Formula 1 viewing and watch two live streams side-by-side. 

file.jpg

Sky Q, the next generation home entertainment system, gets even better with a new set of features.

Here's a quick summary of what you can look forward to.

Record or download shows to your Sky Q box wherever you are

Forgot to record or download your favourite show before heading out? Remote Record wherever you are in the UK or Ireland through the Sky Q App to enjoy when you get home.

Quality shows and movies to own through Sky Store Buy & Keep Box Sets

Your favourite Box Sets are now available to own on Sky Q through Sky Store Buy & Keep. We’ll also pop a DVD copy in the post to boot.

Playing your music just got simpler

Sky Q will now have friendly names making it easier to pair your device through AirPlay and Bluetooth devices leaving you with more time to enjoy your music.

Running late and missed the start of the big match? Watch From Start

Simply hit the Red Button and choose the Watch from start option to start from the beginning on selected Sky Sports content.

Catch up on match highlights without taking your eye off the live match

Sky Sports Interactive will allow split screen allowing video clips to be played alongside live TV on your Sky Q 1TB and Sky Q 2TB boxes.

Red Button users on Sky Q 1TB & Sky Q 2TB boxes can also customise their Match Choice or Formula 1 viewing and watch two live streams side-by-side. 

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Community-Blog/More-great-features-for-you-to-enjoy-on-Sky-Q/ba-p/2522600 

Edited by Kingman

A quick question for anyone who has Sky Q.

I currently have a Sky HD box and then an additional 2 wifi routers used as repeaters using powerline adapters (The old Black Comtrend ones which were favoured by BT a few years ago. Since Sky Q uses its own version of powerline adapters which is built in has anybody come across any issues using the Sky Q boxes with existing powerline adapters.

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

A quick question for anyone who has Sky Q.

I currently have a Sky HD box and then an additional 2 wifi routers used as repeaters using powerline adapters (The old Black Comtrend ones which were favoured by BT a few years ago. Since Sky Q uses its own version of powerline adapters which is built in has anybody come across any issues using the Sky Q boxes with existing powerline adapters.

Although it will be an option i don't believe the powerline is officially supported just yet, Its there to play with in the hidden engineers menu and was suggested to have been officially released in last weeks V3 software update. 

You can activate it but if it conflicts with anything sky will take no responsibility as its not officially released hence still being in the hidden menu.

Initially i had the 2TB box and mini connected via WiFi but encountered a few picture and sound dropouts, A quick reboot of both boxes along with a pinhole reset of the router fixed it but as i work unsociable hours now and again for piece of mind whilst I'm out I've since hard wired it to save the missus throwing it through the window. 

All good since, Not not one drop out (touch wood)

Edited by Kingman

Â