Telford and Worcester 16th July 2016

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/confirmed-aston-villas-line-up-11622920

The Aston Villa squad to face AFC Telford tomorrow has been confirmed.

Telford announced the claret and blue contingent that will be heading to the New Bucks Head for the midday kick off.

It will feature new signings Pierluigi Gollini and Tommy Elphick.

Rudy Gestede, Jordan Ayew, Scott Sinclair, Ashley Westwood and Idrissa Gana are among the other first team players who will travel to Shropshire.

Full squad to face Telford: Pierluigi Gollini, Viktor Johansson, Tommy Elphick, Nathan Baker, Easah Suliman, Niall Mason, Aly Cissokho, Idrissa Gana, Ashley Westwood, Andre Green, Harry McKirdy, Jordan Ayew, Scott Sinclair, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Henry Cowans, Rudy Gestede.

Roberto Di Matteo is set to split his squad in half for the friendly double header. Villa also have a fixture against Worcester City at Stourport Swifts' Walshes Meadow ground at 3pm.

New boy Aaron Tshibola, Jack Grealish and Stiliyan Petrov are expected to be in the squad to face Worcester. It could also include Gabby Agbonlahor, Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott.

It is unconfirmed, but Di Matteo is planning to attend the Telford game and then do his best, traffic permitting, to take in the Worcester game too.

Very interesting mix of players going to Telford (very attack minded - Mason to play RB?) and Worcester.

Hopefully RDM will use these games to weed out those he doesn't want in the squad.

I take it there's no commentary of either match on AVTV? Very disappointed with the material on AVTV so far this pre-season, very little published and what is shown is already a few days old and generally already reported elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I'm intrigued to see who plays in midfield for the Telford game. Seems overly stacked with attacking players.

The line up is as follows (i'm guessing it's a 4-2-3-1 formation or a 4-4-1-1 with Ayew behind Gestede)

....................Gollini

Suliman, Elphick, Baker, Cissokho

...........Westwood.Gana

Sinclair......Ayew......Green

.............Gestede

Pretty solid line-up for a warm up match

I take it regardless of where RDM is he'll want to watch both matches in full...

so we'll probably have a camera or two there anyway. Begs the question why neither game is on AVTV. 

Very disappointed as well in the fact we're almost cut off from the preseason preparations atm aside from attending games. Would spend good money to see how were shaping up in preseason.

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

didnt they have games online last season? Im sure they showed the Wolves game on the website

Only preseason game I watched last season. If I remember correct it was a stream from one of the bigger stream sites.

the lack of commentary or even updated text coverage from the OS is pretty shit.

I expect there's a lot of interest in these first few games, especially under a new regime and will several new players.

AVTV hasn't even bothered posting the goals from the GAK game.

And as I type, normal service is resumed - we're down 1 nil :crylaugh:

Sinclair gave the ball away allegedly.....

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

We conceded from a shot outside the box. Without being able to see it we don't truly know how bad it truly was. It wasn't a clear cut chance that's for sure.. So yes not a great start but also shit happens. 

Â