Ticket Prices in the Championship

tom_avfc

Class away support as always - £42 a ticket and sells out in a day or so!!!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/19/sheffield-wednesday-update

Our initial allocation of 2,043 tickets for the opening day match with Sheffield Wednesday has now sold out.mWe face the Owls on Sunday August 7, with a 4.30pm kick-off. We have requested an additional allocation but are currently waiting to hear back from Sheffield Wednesday. If the request is granted, the tickets will go back on sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who have attended five or more away league matches from last term. Any further criteria changes will be advertised at a later date.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

May be the club could subsidise away fans,  is this allowed.  4000 supporters tenner a head how many players don't get paid for a week?     Every two weeks the worst performing  players don't get paid to subsidise the away fans.  The higher there wages the less need to go with out pay. 

On 15 July 2016 at 14:45, dn1982 said:

Your "mate" is full of crap. Why assume the negative against your own club? What Mickey Mouse club only releases prices and tickets for the game and the seas with 3 weeks to go? Which club is playing silly buggers over the allocation? Which club cones from Sheffield? They've all got the same answer. I put the last one in to make it easier for you. 

Had an interesting call from villa today. They confirmed they were offered 10% or 2k. Villa chose to take 2k.

She then said villa always ask for the most to assist our loyal supporters.

When I pointed out that 10% would have been 4k, she then trotted out the line from seasons complaints that the club didn't like taking big allocations as if they had a few unsold they had to pay for them.

I pointed out last season's decisions as she stated the club got stung on taking a large allocation away to Swansea. I asked why did they do that but take a half allocation to anfield?! It makes zero sense.

In the end I also asked why, if we were offered 10% or 2k and we chose 2k, then why did we immediately ask for more?

She had no answer.

Sorry but the club took a half allocation. So don't start accusing me of being naive or negative. It's a fact. I've had discussions with several people inside the club and all have admitted it comes down to not wanting to be leftvwitb a small bill even if it means an extra 1500 fans getting a ticket

Edited by blandy
edited by mods

On 15 July 2016 at 14:45, dn1982 said:

You're "mate" is full of crap. Why assume the negative against your own club? What Mickey Mouse club only releases prices and tickets for the game and the seas with 3 weeks to go? Which club is playing silly buggers over the allocation? Which club cones from Sheffield? They've all got the same answer. I put the last one in to make it easier for you. 

And as for the "mate" comment. Swfc for big games regularly sell the whole leppings Lane end to away fans. They gave over 6k allocations on four occasions last year.

Edited by blandy
edited by mods

35 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Had an interesting call from villa today. They confirmed they were offered 10% or 2k. Villa chose to take 2k.

I doubt someone in telesales would understand how the allocations work.

I'd be surprised if it's different in the Championship. There is an initial allocation which is refundable and a further allocation which is not refundable. At the high price SWFC were asking, the club sensibly (IMHO) took the refundable allocation initially and when it sold quickly asked for the further allocation. None of this is different than it's been for many seasons.

Anyway, this thread is for discussion of ticket prices in the championship. If you want to discuss allocations for particular matches, use or create a thread in the forum for that match.

For what it's worth, it wasn't telesales. It was from customer relations following a complaint which was passed onto the correct person to deal with complaint.

Also for what it's worth I originally posted in the sheff wed thread but it was moved to here, now I'm being told I'm in the wrong thread.

It does seem to be getting a bit daft...

• Like 1

Ultimately we will get another 2,000 and we will sell it comfortably, Wednesday won't sniff at £100k ish, Villa approached it correctly and the Leppings Lane will be rocking on 7th August....not Itk ;););)

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

For what it's worth, it wasn't telesales. It was from customer relations following a complaint which was passed onto the correct person to deal with complaint.

I doubt someone in customer relations would understand how the allocations work.

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

Also for what it's worth I originally posted in the sheff wed thread but it was moved to here, now I'm being told I'm in the wrong thread.

The thread is still there in the sheff W forum. That forum is the correct place to talk about tickets for this game. What was moved to this thread was the general talk about the rip off prices we expect in the Championship. not for moaning about allocations for one game.

I think that's easy to understand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20 July 2016 at 13:24, ramshackler said:

When I pointed out that 10% would have been 4k, she then trotted out the line from seasons complaints that the club didn't like taking big allocations as if they had a few unsold they had to pay for them.

I pointed out last season's decisions as she stated the club got stung on taking a large allocation away to Swansea. I asked why did they do that but take a half allocation to anfield?! It makes zero sense.

In the end I also asked why, if we were offered 10% or 2k and we chose 2k, then why did we immediately ask for more?

She had no answer.

Sorry but the club took a half allocation. So don't start accusing me of being naive or negative. It's a fact. I've had discussions with several people inside the club and all have admitted it comes down to not wanting to be leftvwitb a small bill even if it means an extra 1500 fans getting a ticket

seeing as you're so informed do you realise the difference between the PL and the FL? Prem clubs have to cover the cost of all tickets it's a sale and no return policy. In the FL it's a sale and return. Who ever you spoke to was lying. 2000 or 10%  is the minimum an away club can give you. That means if the ground is small you get 10% not if its big you get 4000. I'd get some new sources. 

6 hours ago, dn1982 said:

seeing as you're so informed do you realise the difference between the PL and the FL? Prem clubs have to cover the cost of all tickets it's a sale and no return policy. In the FL it's a sale and return. Who ever you spoke to was lying. 2000 or 10%  is the minimum an away club can give you. That means if the ground is small you get 10% not if its big you get 4000. I'd get some new sources. 

That's not quite correct. The prem rules are that the home club must give 1500 tickets sale or return. The away club can ask for additional tickets, (in which case they have to pay for the extras regardless of whether they sell them all) &  the home club has to provide, in that instance, 3000 or 10%, whichever is smaller. Clubs can of course choose to go beyond the minimum laid down by the rules.

But you're exactly right about the  football league. As you say, the home club must provide 2000 or 10% whichever is the smaller, sale or return. 

On 2 August 2016 at 09:45, villa4europe said:

from kent lions facebook - 

BRISTOL 2500 £30
IPSWICH 2045 £32.50
BARNSLEY 5700 £20 
PRESTON 5500 £24
READING 4000 £20

i can live with that, think reading is only that price for season ticket holders

Is that our allocation for Barnsley? 5700. Nice. 

Slightly OT, but anyhow. This is nice to see.

TWENTY’S PLENTY: VIRGIN MEDIA SUPPORT FSF CAMPAIGN BY INTRODUCING £20 PRICE CAP ON ALL SOUTHAMPTON AWAY TICKETS

Chris Wright

9th, August 2016

southampton-stadium

Thanks largely to the tireless work of the Football Supporters’ Federation (The FSF), today has seen yet another positive development in the continuing campaign to address the ever-spiralling price of match tickets.

The FSF have announced that the cost of an adult away ticket at Southampton’s St. Mary’s ground this season will be effectively capped at £20.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/southampton-2/241689/twentys-plenty-virgin-media-support-fsf-campaign-by-introducing-20-price-cap-on-all-southampton-away-tickets.html

• Like 1

Â