tom_avfc

Sheffield Wednesday v Villa

Sky Bet Championship
Sunday August 7 
Kick-off: 4.30pm
Hillsborough
Initial ticket allocation [more requested]: 2,043 
Prices: £42 [adults], £32 [O65s], £15 [U17s], £10 [U11s], £5 [U5s]
There are nine wheelchair bays – disabled supporter ticket prices are as above with free personal assistant
Monday July 18: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who attended 9+ away league matches in the 2015/16 season
Tuesday July 19: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who attended 5+ away league matches in the 2015/16 season
Wednesday July 20: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who attended 1+ away league matches in the 2015/16 season
Wednesday July 20 from 2pm: Lions Club chairmen can call to secure their allocation
Thursday July 21: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders
Friday July 22: On sale to Villa Cash members
Tuesday July 26: On sale to supporters who attended 5+ away league matches in the 2015/16 season
Thursday July 28: On general sale
To buy tickets, head to Villa Park or New Street ticket offices, contact 0333 323 1874 or visit our ONLINE BOX OFFICE.
Coach travel for this fixture departs at 12:30pm – cost £20 per person (non-refundable).

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Seems a ridiculous price for championship football and I hope we'll be charging similar for the return game. Seems a bit silly that they've capped ticket prices in the premier league but not bothered about anyone below that!!

Why only give 2000 as an initial allocation? You get upstairs so what's the difference if you get the whole top bit initially?? Can understand holding back the bottom bit but this just shows how staying in the lower leagues can damage you. Small time attitude by a former big club. 

I think they're rebuilding/refurbishing that end. The upstairs bit holds about 3,750 or so normally and a couple of thousand downstairs. The prices are a disgrace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

New season same old Villa. Half allocation taken.

Mate is a SWFC season ticket holder and confirms away allocation is usually between 4-5k. 

Small time mentality

Where it says "more requested" would seem to suggest it's a decision made by SWFC to only initially release 2000 tickets. No idea why though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

Mate is a SWFC season ticket holder and confirms away allocation is usually between 4-5k. 

Small time mentality

It literally says we've requested more.

• Like 2

Can't believe these prices - especially when all the Prem Teams have to charge a maximum of £20.00 now - trust us to miss out on that as well!  I guess we will be classed as a Category A game for most clubs?  Interesting to see what they charge other teams.  Anyway, I am   annnoyed that they have taken away the ST Holders from last season with 3+ aways as I have six and my other friends that want to go have 3 - but we will have to wait until the 1+ banding - assuming there are any left by then . I am sure they used to have a 3+ away banding. 

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Small time mentality

You're "mate" is full of crap. Why assume the negative against your own club? What Mickey Mouse club only releases prices and tickets for the game and the seas with 3 weeks to go? Which club is playing silly buggers over the allocation? Which club cones from Sheffield? They've all got the same answer. I put the last one in to make it easier for you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hev said:

Can't believe these prices - especially when all the Prem Teams have to charge a maximum of £20.00 now - trust us to miss out on that as well!  I guess we will be classed as a Category A game for most clubs?  Interesting to see what they charge other teams.  Anyway, I am   annnoyed that they have taken away the ST Holders from last season with 3+ aways as I have six and my other friends that want to go have 3 - but we will have to wait until the 1+ banding - assuming there are any left by then . I am sure they used to have a 3+ away banding. 

It's £30 in the Prem, but your point stands on the ticket prices for this game - disgrace for the 2nd tier of English football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Small time mentality

Do me a favour mate. 

Its clear Sheff Wed have been stalling over the prices and allocation. Villa said they would have an update on Monday, and they ended up waiting on Sheffield until Friday.

The price is a disgrace. I wouldn't mind if Villa took the bare minimum allocation to prove a point. Even though we know we can sell 4K, I wouldn't mind us taking a hit on this one.

SW have us as a CAT 1 game. They have Leeds following week as a CAT 2 game - so cheaper tickets. With this in mind, who else in the league is a fookin CAT 1? It's the Championship ffs. 

• Like 1

What an absolute joke that Sheffield Wednesday are charging Villa away fans £42-£49 a ticket for a televised game on a Sunday. I fear this is a sign to come this season with us being category A games. It's always the fans that it hurts.

Aston Villa fans have reacted angrily to news they will have to pay £42 to watch their team play Sheffield Wednesday.

Roberto Di Matteo's men head to Hillsborough on August 7 for a game already delayed by Sky Sports' decision to broadcast the match.

And insult has followed injury after Wednesday confirmed Villa's supporters would have to pay top dollar for their first glimpse of Di Matteo's team.

Many have taken to Twitter to protest.

6 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Why only give 2000 as an initial allocation? 

That's the max initial allocation that they have to give in the championship, every club is the same

i hope the club is finding some sort of way of shitting on the clubs that take the piss out of us

reading have announced ST holders and members of away clubs will get £20 tickets 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's the max initial allocation that they have to give in the championship, every club is the same

i hope the club is finding some sort of way of shitting on the clubs that take the piss out of us

reading have announced ST holders and members of away clubs will get £20 tickets 

Yes  - we are going to beat them Home and Away  !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's not the max it's the minimum unless your ground is small. They could easily allocate upstairs sold block by block to keep us compact if they think we won't sell them. 

Edited by dn1982

It's very difficult when they are charging their own fans the same. Some would argue it's a consequence of not being in the prem, where matchday revenue is secondary to TV revenue.

It is a different scenario to the policy Blues had under the Golds & Sullivan where they purposely targeted away fans to shaft. In Wednesdays defence, it would be adding insult to injury if they charged their fans more than the away fans. I'm guessing season ticket holders will not be effected by the "grading" of each game and their tickets will average out at way under £42, probably under £30.

Â