Sunglasses

trimandson

Sun Glasses.... Should I buy some this year, or risk going blind until September again?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Sun Glasses.... Should I buy some this year, or risk going blind until September again?

• Buy them you fool!
    • No no no, you'll look like a fool!

Whichever ones you get make sure they actually protect your eyes, I think you have to pay more for the lenses that block out all the UV rays and shit. I'm not sure poundland glasses do that?

Actually, unless they are UV protective, sunglasses can actually make the situation worse...

if they're not UV protective, they simply make the eye think it's darker than it is... allowing the pupil to open and allowing UV rays to infiltrate and damage the eyes...

My advice: get UV400+ protective sunglasses

• 3 years later...

It's the best way to look cool in the summer, or at parties.

Try dangling a pair of fluffy dice from the rim of your glasses at a garden party to maximize coolness.

Also, try whistling 'sussudio' by phil collins, in a pair of sunglasses as a way of impressing dinner guests before the h'ordeurves arrive.

If you are troubled by people constantly walking in on you when you are taking a shower; try wearing a pair of shades throughout your shower. Should someone rudely disturb you mid-shower, they will be shocked and confused by the image you present to them and they will never walk into the showering area again leaving you to have stress-free showers!

if you don't need prescription sunglasses, then only should pay around £15-£20.

if you need prescription ones, then you're probably looking at £100+

i have prescription ones, exactly same as my normal glasses, but with dark lenses. i bought the normal glasses, and got the sunglasses free. A lot of opticians have offers like this from time to time.

I take sunglasses out with me whenever I go out and there is the possibility of sun.

I have a problem where I sneeze repeatedly at bright sunlight or the reflection thereof.

Winter sun tends to be worse than summer sun as it is lower.

I find cycling sunglasses to be most effective and I bought a couple of pairs from Decathlon in France a few years ago for about 20 euros each - excellent gear (used on golf course often) and look smart, too.

... on a side issue...

I was driving down the road the other day and a cop pulled me over. He said: "Your licence requires to wear glasses when driving Sir"...

I said: "I've got contacts"

He said: "I don't care who you know... you're coming down to the station"

made me chuckle :lol:

I've never heard of anyone disliking sunglasses before.

The people you refer to would be tossers whether they had sunglasses or not. The fact that the other 95% of the population use them too negates them from being a factor i reckon.

Whilst i do like designer ones i never buy them myself as i am pretty bad at loising or breaking them. Ok you will wear them for bbq's and the like but also for holidays (leave on the beach while you're in the sea) and whilst doing activities. I wouldnt go for designer knock offs as you cant guarentee they have the right coatings to protect your eyes from the suns rays, just a tint. Instead I go somewhere like Next and pick out a pair of the funkier aviators from their range. Stylish, all the right coatings on the lenses and set me back a grand total of 12 quid.

Winner!

I've got a couple of pairs (btw why is it a pair of sunglasses? I only ever get the one!)... my stance on them is simple.

I wear them when the sun is bright.

I don't when it's not.

I don't give a toss what people think!

That's their problem, not mine.

Nowt wrong with a decent pair of sunglasses. I've been known to be seen with a nice pair of Ray Bans myself.

I'm on my third pair of Ray Bans and luckily I get them cheap as I did break one pair whilst drunk. I know Paulobarnesi swears by the cycling glasses I helped him acquire too.

My x-frames were 180 quid. Same as my t-wires. The e-wires and the plastics were cheaper. Prices have probably fallen over the last few years.

I like Oakley's becuse I can wear them for hours without noticing. I can only wear my Ray-Bans for an hour before they get annoying.

You can get Oakleys with presciption lenses on the high street.

Its always nice to see someone with lots of money spending it so wisely.

Â