Keep getting logged out??

Demitri_C

Question

Only when I first go to the homepage. So when I start up my browser and come to VT, then I'll be logged out. As soon as I click on a forum, or even then come back to the homepage, then i'm automatically logged back in.

It's happening on my work and my home laptop.

Work: Windows 7, Chrome

Home: Chromebook, Chrome

Haven't cleared cookies/cache yet but will do that later and update here if it's still happening.

Edited by Stevo985

Yup! Me too.

Really annoying actually, then again, thinking about it. There might be people in the world with bigger issues.

But I don't see any of them starting a thread on Villa Talk so screw them.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Only when I first go to the homepage. So when I start up my browser and come to VT, then I'll be logged out. As soon as I click on a forum, or even then come back to the homepage, then i'm automatically logged back in.

It's happening on my work and my home laptop.

Work: Windows 7, Chrome

Home: Chromebook, Chrome

Haven't cleared cookies/cache yet but will do that later and update here if it's still happening.

Cleared my cache. Seems to have fixed it.

Me too. Mac, safari. iPad, safari - cleared cookies, cache etc. no difference.

Interestingly each time it asks me to log in, I enter the details, then press OK, and it goes to the full log-oin page and asks me to log in again.. from there if I click on (say) notifications it seems to have logged me in after all. pita.

seems ok on win 7 google chrome at the moment

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

@blandy So it's only happening with safari? Could you try another browser in windows?

On the mac and iPad I have safari (only). I will download another browser on the mac later today and try..

On the windows 7 box, using google internet it's fine.

But if firefox and chrome are working, it suggests that it might be a Safari problem. This will be useful to help fix it (although if there's been an update it might need Apple to fix it).

I'm just trying to gather information. I have two reports and the other has no useful information,

Windows 10 Chrome

Windows 10 ie

Android 6.0 chrome

Cookies and cache cleared

Clicking into a sub forum logs me in, first happened when thread was originally posted but stopped after a few days. It started up again this week. 

4 hours ago, limpid said:

But if firefox and chrome are working, it suggests that it might be a Safari problem. This will be useful to help fix it (although if there's been an update it might need Apple to fix it).

I'm just trying to gather information. I have two reports and the other has no useful information,

Right, I've put firefox on a mac and tried it, and so far so good. so my experience is that it affects safari on apple devices only.

I can't dick about with the work box (Win 7) - I don't have the elevated privileges, to do that.