Dash Cams

Tayls

• 1 year later...
On 21/05/2019 at 22:12, Stevo985 said:

Nope, haven't invested yet. Wembley this month might mean it gets moved to next month again :D 

Did you end up choosing one? Must admit I am tempted by a wireless one (if they are any good/even exist). The thought of having wires dangling everywhere irks me. 

Edited by Milfner

9 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Did you end up choosing one? Must admit I am tempted by a wireless one (if they are any good/even exist). The thought of having wires dangling everywhere irks me. 

Nope! Still don't have one. I really need to get one to be honest, I think they're a lifesaver these days.

Regarding the wires I think if you get the camera from somewhere like Halfords they install them for you and hide all the wires and stuff

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope! Still don't have one. I really need to get one to be honest, I think they're a lifesaver these days.

Regarding the wires I think if you get the camera from somewhere like Halfords they install them for you and hide all the wires and stuff

They are incredibly handy if needed but to be completely honest part of me worries about it being seized and used against me/the wife of anything ever happened. We're generally very safe drivers but have been known to potentially break the speed limit on occasion. 

I put mine to use for the first time a few months back.

Driving to school, approaching a roundabout when across the roundabout a car was just exiting was hit in the side by a car joining.

I pulled over on my way back from school and told the lady, and her husband who had just turned up that I had the footage.

It seemed like a simple case but it turned  out the woman who drove into the other car was a clearing in the woods.

First she called the police and reported the car she hits driver for harassing her because she insisted on insurance details. Then she told the insurer that it was the other cars fault (she was unaware of given them the footage).

It turned a potentially messy situation where a horrible woman got away with crashing into someone into the insurer agreeing that this woman was indeed to blame and they’d cover it.

Â