The Let's Enjoy This Season Thread

maqroll

7 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I can't agree here. Hands down the worst football event I've ever witnessed. 

Really? I've quite enjoyed it. After pretty much solely watching Villa for a year it's been quite nice to see teams play decent football, passing accurately, scoring goals etc...

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Really? I've quite enjoyed it. After pretty much solely watching Villa for a year it's been quite nice to see teams play decent football, passing accurately, scoring goals etc...

I'm with Woody - I watched every game as always, kept the wallchart going, marked the sides and games out of ten, but it was all rubbish.

One good game, forget which  - don't have me 'grades' with me - (not the 3-3 btw), two memorable goals, Arshavin and Robson - Kanu, (there's a free agent now ) glorification of you know who, defensive set ups, almost no individual skills on display.  Crowds were good though and Iceland were fun to watch.

But the to the point of the OP that it helped fill in the gap, it definitely did that.....I never thought I could return to eagerly awaiting a new season like this.  I mean obviously in some strange masochistic way one always does, but this time, for the first time in what, 10 years - that's a lot ! - it is really exciting.  AND we might win games and stuff ! Without the Euros I don't know how the time would've gone, but here we are only 6 days away .  Yay !

• Like 1

On 10/07/2016 at 18:56, It's Your Round said:

I honestly think it's been dreadful. Was bored to tears. Didn't even watch the final. Wales v Belgium was the only good game I saw.

• Like 1

Â