The Let's Enjoy This Season Thread

maqroll

Mods, you can probably lock this, cuz it's a little OTT...I defer to your wisdom, as always...:D

Just feels good to feel good about Villa again.

Here's a positive thought for ya-

The Chinese government probably has some guy reading everything we post on here. 

It's nice to know someone's watching over us. :)

It's not OTT, we need positivity and I hope it spills over to the terraces and every home game like the Newcastle game where we had amazing home support and a great party atmosphere. Far more enjoyable for supporters and a raucous loud VP can only help the Villa boys win promotion.  Think this is going to be very enjoyably season!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Here's a positive thought for ya-

The Chinese government probably has some guy reading everything we post on here. 

It's nice to know someone's watching over us. :)

Every time we say the secret word of the day, they invest £100m into the club.

Today, it's 'Pineapple'...

Oh wait, I've revealed myself!

逃跑!

1 minute ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I hope your webcam wasn't switched on this time Mr Grantham.

Oh, that would be an enjoyable experience for some people.

On the other hand, probably blinding for others. (by others i mean everyone)

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You have to start every new season looking forward and hopeful but this one more so than any in recent memory. We have a new owner, a new manager and are in a division where we should, if we can get things right over the summer, be competing in the top third at least.

We as supporters have a massive role to play in this season. We can't have a hangover from last season. It was dire but it is gone. We will all have players that we would rather not see in a Villa shirt again but if RDM deems them worthy of crossing the white line for us again then until he proves otherwise we owe it to him to back his judgement and therefore support whoever he puts on the pitch.

I can't wait for the season to start and fully intend to play a part in our first steps, hopefully huge ones, back to where we all know we should be.

We have to positive and get behind the new owner and mangement team this season. Even if some of the players that got the brunt of the abuse last season are still playing for us (which I think there will be) every fan should give everyone a chance to shine again. We all know that the players we have can and should perform much better than they have done. Hopefully the new manager can get the best out of them. If he can then really we shouldn't need to many new additions. I think RDM is a good man manager which is something we haven't had since MON. I think we may be pleasantly surprised by some of the under performers from last season

UTV

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KHV said:

every fan should give everyone a chance to shine again.

I agree, I think dropping down a division should wipe the slate clean. If some of last year's slackers give it an honest go, (even Gabby), then good. It would mean ownership and management are already instilling belief in the players.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I just want it to start and get going.  

same, but at least we had Copa America and Euro 2016 to distract us for a while...

Edited by maqroll

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

same, but at least we had Copa America and Euro 2016 to distract us for a while...

And don't forget the Olympics!

(which have done a bad job advertising this year, I keep forgetting they even exist...)

16 minutes ago, meme said:

And don't forget the Olympics!

(which have done a bad job advertising this year, I keep forgetting they even exist...)

And a sweaty sock about to win Wimbledon!

Â