RESERVES : 2007/08 stats/results thread (Season finished)

BOF

I find Wikipedia is usually very up to date for both Reserves and Academy as most clubs seem to update their scores fairly quickly.

Whilst we're fairly comfortable(ish) in the Southern Reserves section the Northern lot are having a nightmare scrap with about 6 clubs scrapping for top spot.

It's on the Barclays Premiership site, search for academy and then there's a weekly bulletin

this is the most recent (the table is near the bottom) but it's slightly out of date as we've beaten Leicester since then.

Well done that man!

small heath beat Arsenal last night, largely taking them out of the title race. It could well be down to just us or Reading.

The game scheduled for last night between us and Derby which was moved to tonight is listed on the Premiership site as being 4th February, listed on Derby County's site as being tonight and of course listed on our site as being last night. Our OS is awful.

Didn't I read that a couple of lads had left on loan - Port Vale have a couple, do they not?

I'd find out meself but I'm on a really painful dial-up connection until I move house.

It is. But while they're away, the reserve team must try and stay top of the league. And no-one better than rock bottom reserve team Derby County for our weakened reserves to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoorah!!

The OS "]Reserves Come Home

Villa's remaining home reserve matches will now all be played at Villa Park - not the Bescot Stadium.

Kevin MacDonald's men, in action against Chelsea at Brentford tonight, currently top the Barclays Premier Reserve League (south) and have four remaining home games.

Monday February 25: Reading

Monday March 10: Arsenal

Monday March 31: Birmingham City

Tuesday April 8: Portsmouth

Great news.