Pokémon GO

hogso

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How do you guys decide which ones to upgrade? And should I be powering up, or evolving? 

I've just been evolving anything that I have enough sweets to evolve unless I already have whatever it would evolve into.

I've powered up a couple of my best Pokemon but basically at random. 

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm currently holding a gym. Dunno what that means, but it looks cool.

If you open the store tab, there will be a shield at the top with a number in it (the number of pokemon that you have defending) - you can tap it each day for some coins and some stardust.

Edit, your team can also "train" against your Pokemon - if they win, your Gym gets stronger and allows more Pokemon to be assigned to defend it (1 per player as far as I know), which means it can be more difficult to take it off your team. 

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone elses server crashed?  when i go on now it says i have no pokemon!! Am seriously pissed off! 

It's been pretty bad today - I thought they had sorted some of the server issues over the weekend, but then it is Prime time USA about now.  I'm not going to be complaining much, given that I've circumvented the global roll out in order to get my Pokemon catching fix in.  May have just guilted the missus into going on a 30 min stroll around town, though another 3 types are in my Pokedex, so it was worth it :D

I know things are going to be shaky at first, but I'm getting fairly annoyed at the amount of times I've caught a pokemon, then the app has crashed on the 'caught' screen, and the pokemon has disappeared by the time I've reloaded. Argh. I've lost 5-6 today.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I know things are going to be shaky at first, but I'm getting fairly annoyed at the amount of times I've caught a pokemon, then the app has crashed on the 'caught' screen, and the pokemon has disappeared by the time I've reloaded. Argh. I've lost 5-6 today.

That's happened a lot today. My guess is their servers can't cope as they weren't expecting so many people to have it when it's not released yet

42 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

If you open the store tab, there will be a shield at the top with a number in it (the number of pokemon that you have defending) - you can tap it each day for some coins and some stardust.

Edit, your team can also "train" against your Pokemon - if they win, your Gym gets stronger and allows more Pokemon to be assigned to defend it (1 per player as far as I know), which means it can be more difficult to take it off your team. 

Cheers.

I tried training earlier but I just ended up killing my big duck bloke. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I tried training earlier but I just ended up killing my big duck bloke. 

After some testing, you can be safe in the knowledge that which ever one you've got assigned to the gym is damage free after training, though the one you've trained will take damage as normal.

Same applies to enemy pokemon that are guarding their gyms, if you wear them down and lose, they'll be back up to full health when you fight them again.  (Or if you win the battle and fight them again, they'll be back up to full HP).  <-- ** I think.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's happened a lot today. My guess is their servers can't cope as they weren't expecting so many people to have it when it's not released yet

Yeah it's fair enough really. As annoying as it is, I'm still playing constantly and enjoying it. Just headed out for a 3 mile walk to the nearest gym to my house. :blush:

They can't have imagined how ridiculously popular it is. I was walking through Nottingham city centre at about 19:00 and bumped in to 4-5 groups of people walking around like me, with their phones held up, occasionally flipping up on the screens and exchanging knowing smiles at each other.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They can't have imagined how ridiculously popular it is. I was walking through Nottingham city centre at about 19:00 and bumped in to 4-5 groups of people walking around like me, with their phones held up, occasionally flipping up on the screens and exchanging knowing smiles at each other.

That's great! My cousin downloaded it we said we are going hunting together on weekend. How sad are we :mrgreen:

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah it's fair enough really. As annoying as it is, I'm still playing constantly and enjoying it. Just headed out for a 3 mile walk to the nearest gym to my house. :blush:

Bastards. It's a church that's too far from the main road, and they locked the gate. I don't have any pokemon powered up enough to justify a trespassing charge. Yet.

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Jeez, 3 miles? I must've lucked out, there's a gym about 100m away from my front door. I'm not level 5 yet, though so can't do anything with it. 

More like 2, google maps didn't know I could walk through a field. Profit. Apart from the whole locked gate thing.

I'm in a fairly new development (well, 20 years) miles away from the city centre. That gym is a church, there's maybe 3-4 pokestops within miles of my house too. **** loads around work though, so that's my lunch breaks sorted.

Edited by Davkaus

app is up and running again thankfully and all my pokemon are back

wow this game is actually good exercise. i thought i would come work early and walk around see if what i could find. Managed to grab quite a few, got a pidgey, zubat, caterpie, abra, drowzee, paras and a krabby. I was looking for this bloody polywag for 10 minutes couldnt find it and i was going to be late for work so i had to abandon that search for now.

those poxy zubats are everywhere 

Â