Pokémon GO

hogso

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

sorry chaps, where do I download from?  I go for a walk every lunch and my walking mate is working from home, so I may try this out.

I also don't understand how it's not turn based, if it's a pokemon game.

Android or iPhone? If Android then google "Pokemon Go apk" and you should find it. You'll need to change the security settings in your phone to allow apps from unauthorised sources to be installed.

If iphone then you have to sign up to a US apple account. Not sure how but googe it and you should be golden.

I don't really know how the combat works. Catching a pokemon just involves chucking pokeballs at pokemon. Taking gyms is via combat, but it appears to just involve tapping and swiping.

Edited by Stevo985

Yup, combat is just repeatedly tapping on your dude, holding to charge up a special attack when it's available, and swiping to dodge.

Got one of mine up to CP 860 and bossing a gym around my work now. :D

Edited by Davkaus

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They move. If you walk the same route you did last time the pokemon will be different. They're like animals, they don't just sit in the same place forever.

I see that make sense. Going to go to a huge park near me after work see what i can find. Have to say this is pretty good exercise. Since I been playing have lost couple pounds. 

I guess it'd ruin it slightly as discovering pokestops and gyms is all part of the fun, but has anyone seen a list or a map of where they all are? I'm getting a bit bored of walking round my area but I'm not sure where to go.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Possibly a daft question, but do two players see the same pokemon? And if so, if one person takes it, I'm assuming that means the other can't?

I don't believe so. We've had situations when my girlfriend was driving so I was controlling both of our phones. The same Pokemon popped up on both devices and I was able to catch em on both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I guess it'd ruin it slightly as discovering pokestops and gyms is all part of the fun, but has anyone seen a list or a map of where they all are? I'm getting a bit bored of walking round my area but I'm not sure where to go.

If you sign up for an account to play Ingress, they have an intel map that shows every portal within the game.  Most (not all) have been transferred over to PG.  I also saw some crowd-sourced google map with pins for all the stops/gyms, I shall see if I can dig it out (though how accurate it is, is another matter).

Another annoying thing, that just happened on my lunch break, a rare looking pokemon appeared it then suddenly went to 2 feet and then within 15 seconds of walking direction it disappeared off my radar!! Didnt even go back to three feet. That happened twice today

Right so I'm up and running.  Am I just walking around the street until a Pokemon pops up on my map?  I think there was one in Holland & Barrett earlier.

Also on my walk around town I saw about 10 different people all walking round looking down at their phones.

The locations are the same for everyone. In busy urban areas you'll see anywhere from 1 or 2 up to dozens of people stood around playing. Especially if someone throws down a lure to bring in more pokemon.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No gyms nearby, shame. Has anyone checked the football stadiums in Birmingham? We need someone with a Villa name holding the closest one to the sty. ;) 

There is one, just to the left of the screen along that path. Me and 2 other yellow team guys took over it, so a Villa fan is currently holding the emirates gym ;)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Another annoying thing, that just happened on my lunch break, a rare looking pokemon appeared it then suddenly went to 2 feet and then within 15 seconds of walking direction it disappeared off my radar!! Didnt even go back to three feet. That happened twice today

Someone else probably got it :( 

Â