Pokémon GO

hogso

Mine keeps crashing or soft locking trying to connect to the servers. Assume this will be remedied when it's released in Europe and we get our own servers but it's so annoying!

Also, I only get pidgey and rattata round my house. I must have caught 15 of them each. 

I've seen one Pokemon so far.  I got two Pokestops in Manchester today though, which was nice.  There was even one last night near my house in the middle of nowhere, that used a sign that hasn't been there for about three years!

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Any confirmed walking into traffic deaths from playing this yet?

I had a embarrassing one today. Leaves started ratting and I went to go closer and a bloody squirrel ran out bloody terrified me :blush:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I conquered my first gym. I don't like to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal.

Edit: LEss than ten minutes later: 

and_it_s_gone_by_celeith-d5div3y.jpg

I kept mine for nearly 24 hours, but I@m convinced I was the first person to find it (National Motorcycle Museum)

All the ones round me are held by 2 or 3 500CP + pokemon now.

I can see that being a failing of the game. Once people have really really good pokemon, the gyms are going to be impenetrable to anyone who isn't on a similar level.

After a hour of walking picked up a parasect (didnt realise you can pick up evolved pokemons as well) a meowth, eevee and I was walking suddenly and a jigglypuff appeared and was not even on my radar which was wierd.

Seems to be a few inconsistencies with this game though was walking forever every direction for this star one and it never went down to 2 feet which was annoying. there was also this flying pokemon that disappeared, then i walked same route and it never appeared again.

i only have 19 pokemon so far, seems everywhere you go there will be pidgey, weedles and bloody zubats

Edited by Demitri_C

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems to be a few inconsistencies with this game though was walking forever every direction for this star one and it never went down to 2 feet which was annoying. there was also this flying pokemon that disappeared, then i walked same route and it never appeared again.

I noticed that yesterday, I was walking for miles and two or three pokemon stayed at three feet. I reloaded the app and they'd all disappeared, so now I do that every five minutes or so, just to refresh it.

Possibly a daft question, but do two players see the same pokemon? And if so, if one person takes it, I'm assuming that means the other can't?

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I noticed that yesterday, I was walking for miles and two or three pokemon stayed at three feet. I reloaded the app and they'd all disappeared, so now I do that every five minutes or so, just to refresh it.

Possibly a daft question, but do two players see the same pokemon? And if so, if one person takes it, I'm assuming that means the other can't?

I have no idea, My cousin has downloaded the app, I was going to test that out with him at some point.

Yeah its very inconsistent, few days ago a polywag came up and i walked same area today and there was nothing but zubats and weedles. Does seem abit random with certain pokemon

1 minute ago, Risso said:

There is literally nothing where I live. No pokemon, no stations, no gyms, nothing. Pokemon Go dead zone. But a gym in our office!

have you walked the streets? Most I find are on roads not at landmarks. You have to walk around on roads. Although today I had to walk in a empty pub car park to pick up that parasect. 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no idea, My cousin has downloaded the app, I was going to test that out with him at some point.

Yeah its very inconsistent, few days ago a polywag came up and i walked same area today and there was nothing but zubats and weedles. Does seem abit random with certain pokemon

They move. If you walk the same route you did last time the pokemon will be different. They're like animals, they don't just sit in the same place forever.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

have you walked the streets? Most I find are on roads not at landmarks. You have to walk around on roads. Although today I had to walk in a empty pub car park to pick up that parasect. 

Yep, deserted.

22 minutes ago, Risso said:

There is literally nothing where I live. No pokemon, no stations, no gyms, nothing. Pokemon Go dead zone. But a gym in our office!

My assumption at this point is it works based on the amount of people in the area. So if you're the only one for miles with the game then not many pokemon will be there.

I'm guessing that's why there are absolutely shit loads at my office, because there's probably loads of people there with the game

sorry chaps, where do I download from?  I go for a walk every lunch and my walking mate is working from home, so I may try this out.

I also don't understand how it's not turn based, if it's a pokemon game.

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

sorry chaps, where do I download from?  I go for a walk every lunch and my walking mate is working from home, so I may try this out.

I also don't understand how it's not turn based, if it's a pokemon game.

You don't have to fight the pokemon before catching them, you just lob balls and you only battle in gyms which I haven't done yet so I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure how you download on android.

#helpfulpaddywhack

Â