Pokémon GO

hogso

This tips list from Metro is handy and includes some stuff I didn't know. I saw one of the pokestops with flowers on it yesterday, but didn't go to investigate. Didn't know the spin your pokeball thing for extra XP thing either.

The local 'elements' changing what pokemon spawn is definitely a thing though, like I mentioned I live near a lake and there are always water types around. Got a Shellder yesterday. Same for dark types showing up at night.

Anyone seen anything even close to a definitive answer about whether or not progress will be wiped when the official UK release is out? I've seen wildly differing opinions.

46 minutes ago, hogso said:

Anyone seen anything even close to a definitive answer about whether or not progress will be wiped when the official UK release is out? I've seen wildly differing opinions.

They didn't with Ingress, that just went from closed Beta to full launch with all your progress intact.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

This tips list from Metro is handy and includes some stuff I didn't know. I saw one of the pokestops with flowers on it yesterday, but didn't go to investigate. Didn't know the spin your pokeball thing for extra XP thing either.

The local 'elements' changing what pokemon spawn is definitely a thing though, like I mentioned I live near a lake and there are always water types around. Got a Shellder yesterday. Same for dark types showing up at night.

The list is great thanks

1 hour ago, CardiffGreens said:

They didn't with Ingress, that just went from closed Beta to full launch with all your progress intact.

Totally off topic, but I'm curious about your avatar, the teddy bear with the villa top. What's that from?

46 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Somebody has just tried to explain the gyms to me. Totally over my head.

The three teams can compete to control a gym. A gym can have a maximum of three pokemon in it, to defend it. If you have a pokemon defending a gym, you get 10 coins and 500 dust for each day it's there. If a gym has three Pokemon in it you need to beat all three to take over it (from weakest to strongest). 

Defending is passive, you just leave the pokemon there and go about your day. If it gets beaten, it will return to you. You have to physically be at the gym to attack it, though.

Edit: Just saw a gym with 4 pokemon in it so who knows what the limit is

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 1

Did anyone ever play the original Pokemon games on Nintendo Gameboy?

I've always wondered why they've never created that into a MMO type game but in a third person view. That would be so good.

A game in a huge Pokemon world, which you explore with your friends battling & catching random Pokemon and battling other players within it. 

• Like 2

I was a Pokemon yellow man. Loved that game. I'm now 27 and thinking about getting Pokemon Go on my iPhone once it's out! It's all around me at the moment - my mates, my colleagues at work... Wtf is happening! 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I went to a park near me picked a goldeen, weedle and a pinsir. One thing what does the leaves mean?? I was clicking on them and nothing was happening

They show you where a pokemon might be, as far as I can tell. But they're not always there. Use the footsteps in the bottom right to tell when you're getting closer to a pokemon.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They show you where a pokemon might be, as far as I can tell. But they're not always there. Use the footsteps in the bottom right to tell when you're getting closer to a pokemon.

Yeah that's what I use, leaves everywhere. I'm sure I read leaves means something hidden not on radar? I'm still trying to obtain a few special ones.

im sure someone in the park was playing this as well bit awkward haha

There were a good 50-60 people stood around the square in Nottingham playing and chatting together this evening.

At one point, a young couple walked past us, and the woman said "no way those people are all playing Pokemon, you're being stupid". That's exactly what we were doing. :D 

• Like 2

Â