Pokémon GO

hogso

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's another grind game with only the nostalgia value keeping it going. 

Some people will still play it until they've found them all.  But I imagine the playing numbers are around 2% of the initial download base. 

I still login to get the daily rewards, but you're right. It's barely even a game. Just grind. And they've layered on more grind with some evolutions needing more than the stingily doled out candy.

What I really hate is the fact that you need special items for certain pokemon to evolve. They are so rare, and it's dumb that I cannot evolve my pokemon despite having the right amount of candy. I went out all of saturday and visited probably 100 pokestops multiple times, but I never received an evolution item. Apparently you have a .002% chance of getting an evolution item from a pokestop. Ridiculous odds. 

I've had 4 of the special items since Gen 2 was released, so that's about 2 per week.

In fairness if they weren't rare, there'd be no point having them at all. I've managed to get a Slowking, a Steelix and a Scizor, with a dragon scale in my inventory waiting for enough Horsea candy. I have a couple of pokemon that are waiting for a special item.

You are so lucky then. I play with my girlfriend, and so far, I have only gotten one special item. Both of us have visited pokestops combined to at least 500 stops since Gen 2 was released with only 1 special item between us. 

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What are they and what do they do?

Certain pokemon such a blossom, onix, Scyther, seadra, porygon, slowpoke, and a few more require special items now to get to their gen 2 evolved form. These special items are metal coat, kings rock, dragon scale, sun stone, and up grade. Slowpoke needs Kings rock to evolve into slowking. Onix needs metal coat to turn into steelix. Problem with these special items is they are so rare. I am talking a .002% chance of you getting one. Also another problem with these items are they only have a one time use, so even if you are extremely lucky and get a special item, you only get to use it one time and have to then wait weeks to get another. It's incredibly frustrating. I have only received the up grade item which works on porygon, but I don't have enough porygon candies to evolve mine. 

A lot of people are complaining to Niantic about this. I think it's cool that they added these new items in, but they have to increase the drop rate or it'll take me literally months to evolve all the pokemon that I already have enough candies for. 

• Like 1

I started saving up the candies for the evolutions months ago and I have enough for pretty much all of them. What's annoying is, by the time I have the items, the people that didn't save up are going to enough anyway.

It's like that story, Industrious Mouse and Lazy Mouse.

42 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I got another Metal Coil today and I already have a Scizor and a Steelix.

Sounds like you guys just might have to move to Adelaide.

:angry: I still haven't got anything!

8 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I got another Metal Coil today and I already have a Scizor and a Steelix.

Sounds like you guys just might have to move to Adelaide.

Lucky. I have had three 7 day streaks now and have only received the upgrade item. I have been to hundreds of pokestops with no luck. I hate this. 

I got a Sunstone today and upgraded a Sunkern.

Are you guys still getting nothing in terms of special items?

I also finally got a Weezing, so I've moved Magicarp to buddy and I need to walk about 60km until I have all the Australian available Pokemon from gen 1

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I got a Sunstone today and upgraded a Sunkern.

Are you guys still getting nothing in terms of special items?

I also finally got a Weezing, so I've moved Magicarp to buddy and I need to walk about 60km until I have all the Australian available Pokemon from gen 1

I got a kings crown last friday! My initial reaction was wtf is this then I realized! 

• Like 1

Been an update from 8pm last night, you can now wear a Magikarp hat and it's predominantly only water Pokémon showing up. 

This makes it easier to get Kingdra, Feraligatr, Blastoise and Gyarados amongst others 

Â