Pokémon GO

hogso

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Went for a big walk in Sutton Park today so popped this on for the first time in absolutely ages.

Caught a shit load of pokemon, most of which I've never even heard of so I'm assuming they've added more to the game?

yes, 80 new ones.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The problem was that will probably be where I go on most of my walks, and there were only a couple of pokestops in the park that I could find. So I quickly ran out of balls 

always keep a couple of hundred balls spare.    dump potions, revives, etc as you can pick them up easily when you need them.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

always keep a couple of hundred balls spare.    dump potions, revives, etc as you can pick them up easily when you need them.

I had over a hundred before I started yesterday, but there were so many pokemon and so few pokestops that I used them all.

Game is still "fun" but I never watched the majority of Gen 2 when pokemon was airing, so I am catching these things just to catch them. I think a lot of the fun was catching the pokemon I grew up with, but now it seems more of a grind. 

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Game is still "fun" but I never watched the majority of Gen 2 when pokemon was airing, so I am catching these things just to catch them. I think a lot of the fun was catching the pokemon I grew up with, but now it seems more of a grind. 

Half agree. Nostalgia has gone from recognising the Pokémon (I used to have the Silver Gameboy game but don't seem to remember many of the new ones) but it has made this game much more fun again. I'd 'completed' it a couple of weeks ago by catching all the available Pokémon so it's nice to have so many new ones to go at!

I could kick myself the amount of errors I've made looking back. Like powering up my Chansey to full CP, using all the candies. I would have had enough to evolve to Blissey on day 1. Or evolving about 4 poliwraths, I'm now 70+ candies away from Politoed. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I could kick myself the amount of errors I've made looking back. Like powering up my Chansey to full CP, using all the candies. I would have had enough to evolve to Blissey on day 1. Or evolving about 4 poliwraths, I'm now 70+ candies away from Politoed. 

I really wish I caught more chansey during the valentine's event. 

I also regret evolving pokemon like slowpoke, horsea, etc just to get the exp. Now I am stuck trying to find those pokemon which would've been easy a week ago, but they are rare now considering there are a lot more pokemon in the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

I really wish I caught more chansey during the valentine's event. 

I also regret evolving pokemon like slowpoke, horsea, etc just to get the exp. Now I am stuck trying to find those pokemon which would've been easy a week ago, but they are rare now considering there are a lot more pokemon in the game. 

Bah, I didn't play during the valentines event so missed out on the chanseys!

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Bah, I didn't play during the valentines event so missed out on the chanseys!

Moment of silence for your loss.

But the valentines event was really good for Chanseys. I only ended up catching a few of them. A lot spawned, but they were a pain to catch so I only went for the ones with either really low CP, or the really high CP ones. It did help me get a 2000+ CP blissey, but I am a ways away from maxing her out sadly. 

• Like 1

I was talking with a mate at work who plays and thinking about how they should handle legendaries.

Maybe every 100km you walk a Legendary will spawn for you and you've got the opportunity to catch it, but it's difficult to catch and might run away. Or maybe if you get 50 days of consecutive pokestops or catches

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What does the buddy thing do?

I stuck a bulbasaur as my buddy just to see what happened. As far as I can tell, nothing did.

You get 1 candy for a every certain distance covered.  Think it's 3km for Bulbasaur.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

It's kind of ridiculous that they haven't released legendary pokemon or Mew/mewtwo yet. 

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Niantic have confirmed they still don't know how exactly they're going to do it.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's kind of ridiculous that they haven't released legendary pokemon or Mew/mewtwo yet. 

Not really. They'll surely keep that up their sleeve until people have really lost interest in it. 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really. They'll surely keep that up their sleeve until people have really lost interest in it. 

The game is already on its dying legs if you haven't noticed. I'd say for every 10 people who downloaded the game and played at launch, only 1 plays now. This is going off my friend group, and what I see on reddit/facebook. A lot of people lost interest a while ago. 

Â