Pokémon GO

hogso

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't understand this game I switch it on when I get home and it says I'm near four Pokemon but they look about 3 roads away from me. Am I suppose to walk down there?? Abit silly

Yes. The point of the game is pretty much getting you out and about. Same idea as Ingress and it's idea of territory control.

Went on a big walk, after 20 mins of finding nothing, tried incense. Didn't work. Restarted the app, servers are down, ugh. 

Just a quick note (as I've just discovered this).  It's mentioned that you gain stardust and coins from assigning Pokemon to Gyms and they can hold the gym for a day.

At the top of the Shop screen is a button to claim these goodies - 500 star dust and 10 coins per pokemon per day it seems.

You can get it on iPhone too, by the way. All you have to do is:

• Log out of your Apple ID (easiest way is via the App Store)
  • Go to Settings -> General -> Language & Region, change region to US
  • Back in App Store, create a new Apple ID with a US address
  • Activate the new Apple ID via the automated email you receive
  • Go to the App Store and search for the game, download it
  • Change your region back, log into your actual Apple ID
  • Go catch 'em all!

Enjoying this.

I'm confused by the "rustling" though.

Went on a walk today in the park so took this along. Found a few spots where there were rustling leaves, which I assumed meant there were pokemon there, but nothing happened. Are you supposed to do something when you get there?

One seemed to move so I followed it but even then nothing happened.

Found loads of pokemon, but they were all ones we just stumbled upon rather than ones we hunted out.

A woman playing Pokemon Go has found a dead body in America.

The augmented reality game, which was released last week, gets people to catch virtual monsters using the person's location on their phone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36757858/pokemon-go-player-finds-dead-body-in-wyoming-river-while-searching-for-a-pokestop

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Enjoying this.

I'm confused by the "rustling" though.

Went on a walk today in the park so took this along. Found a few spots where there were rustling leaves, which I assumed meant there were pokemon there, but nothing happened. Are you supposed to do something when you get there?

One seemed to move so I followed it but even then nothing happened.

Found loads of pokemon, but they were all ones we just stumbled upon rather than ones we hunted out.

Googled it, still nonethewiser.

Answers range from "they do nothing" to "as soon as you get there you'll find a pokemon" via "you should find a pokemon but server issues mean you don't always find one"

Basically I think nobody really knows.

The only issue I am having is that you need to be connected to internet, sometimes when I go out no wifi or poor signal so drops signal. Be good if you could play this without needing internet and just location

This was released in Aus on Wednesday. Been playing since then.

It is ridiculously addictive. And it is massive. More daily users than Tinder and soon to overtake Twitter in terms of daily active users. Absolutely mind boggling.

So far caught about 93 pokemon, 26 of which are unique. They pop up mainly in "rustling" grass. Although it seems to be a bit random. The small white bar on the bottom right shows what pokemon are nearby. The amount of footprints under each one indicating how far away they are from you. Less footprints means closer. 

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

They pop up mainly in "rustling" grass. Although it seems to be a bit random. The small white bar on the bottom right shows what pokemon are nearby. The amount of footprints under each one indicating how far away they are from you. Less footprints means closer. 

Just seen this on the net. That makes sense.

Turns it into a bit of a "hotter/colder" game. You can open up the panel of pokemon that are nearby and click on one, then it will just show that in the bottom right. If you get further away the footprints increase and vice versa.

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Surely you can download your local area in Google Maps and play this game which will stop GPS from draining your battery? 

Does it run directly from Google Maps then?

Â