Pokémon GO

hogso

On 23/03/2017 at 10:48, Paddywhack said:

I finally managed to catch all possible gen 1 Pokemon the other day after evolving a tyrogue into a hitmonchan :hooray:

Just evolved my magicarp thanks to the water pokemon special and i'm now at the same point! Pretty satisfying.

My only regret is spending a week in Hawaii several months back and not getting a Tauros. I have a little one on the way so probably no other overseas travel for me anytime soon.

I do have an excess of Kangaskhans. Hopefully they introduce trading for the locality based pokemon

Edited by ThunderPower_14
typo
  • Like 1

I didn't get a shiny Magikarp either, but I have almost enough totodile's to evolve him fully again. 

I really am happy they did the guaranteed evolution item on a 7 days streak. I am slowly filling up my pokedex. 

40 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

So the water festival has finished. I didn't see one Totodile and I didn't get my shiny Magikarp. :(

Apparently shiny Magikarp are still out there though. 

Ah!

My gf caught a gold coloured Magikarp the other day, is that a "shiny" one?

If so, what does that mean?

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

So the water festival has finished. I didn't see one Totodile and I didn't get my shiny Magikarp. :(

Apparently shiny Magikarp are still out there though. 

Dang, I'm stuck on 364 Magikarp candy.  Just needed 1 or 2 more days.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah!

My gf caught a gold coloured Magikarp the other day, is that a "shiny" one?

If so, what does that mean?

Yup, that's the one.

In the original games it's something like 1 in 10,000 Pokemon are shiny but they seemed to have reduced the rate for Pokemon Go and it seems to only be Magikarp so far. It evolves into a red Gyarados.

Other than being slightly rare and a different colour it doesn't really mean much else though, just something else for us mugs to collect I guess.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Anyone still going?

I did 5 legendary raids this morning but didn't catch any of them! I feel like i'll need to strike while the iron is hot with these legendaries, while heaps of people are still after them and it's not hard to find a group to go around and raid.

It's a totally different game now at the endgame, i'm really enjoying raiding.

I have every Pokemon I can catch in Australia now apart from Amphoros, Unown and the 2 legendaries.

Thread back from the dead! 

I'm still going, more fool me I guess! Only tend to log in whilst walking when there's no event on though, enough to keep up with the daily streaks. In terms of completing gen2, I've buddied up with Mareep and I'm on 46 candies so still a long way to go. Never seen an Unown either. Got everything else available in the U.K. 

Had a 4 hour stopover in LAX last night and was lucky enough to get a Tauros on the wifi there. In Belize now so if wifi allows I'm hoping to pick up Heracross (appeared on nearby earlier but not close enough) and the other new regional one too. There was an Articuno raid on too but again too far away to get to on wifi.

Picked up a shiny magikarp a few weeks ago so will get the red gyrados when I've got enough candy.

I gave up after Gen 2 came in really.  No particular interest and a LOT of cheats taking down gyms in the game - it left me thinking the game was a bigger waste of time than I initially thought :D

23 hours ago, chappy said:

Thread back from the dead! 

I'm still going, more fool me I guess! Only tend to log in whilst walking when there's no event on though, enough to keep up with the daily streaks. In terms of completing gen2, I've buddied up with Mareep and I'm on 46 candies so still a long way to go. Never seen an Unown either. Got everything else available in the U.K. 

Had a 4 hour stopover in LAX last night and was lucky enough to get a Tauros on the wifi there. In Belize now so if wifi allows I'm hoping to pick up Heracross (appeared on nearby earlier but not close enough) and the other new regional one too. There was an Articuno raid on too but again too far away to get to on wifi.

Picked up a shiny magikarp a few weeks ago so will get the red gyrados when I've got enough candy.

If you do raids you win rare candies that can be used for any pokemon. If you do legendary raids you get a lot of rare candies. I did that to finally get my Amphoros, but i've since hatched 2 and i'm back up to 100 Mareep candies.

I've had mixed luck with legendary raiding. 3 Articunos, but no luck on Lugia. I've probably done 15-18 legendary raids, so it's quite hard to get the catch, even with a golden razz and an excellent curve throw. It's flat out at the moment, with groups of players getting around to all the legendary raids. It's never too hard to find the 10-12 players you need if you're in a CBD, and chat apps like Discord are a great way to organise with people to meet up.

Despite no Lugia, i've gained approximately 500,000XP over the past 2 days with the double XP and legendary raiding.

Oh I also have a shiny magicarp! But it's 10cp, so a lot of levelling to go. I'm using it as my buddy because it's best value for walking distance and I can use rare candies to level up my Tyranitar and Dragonite. I'm hoping to do some more raiding to get a few more Tyranitars in the coming weeks.

I am another idiot still playing this game, but more in the background as if I'm walking somewhere I'll put it on to gain km. Although really there is no point as there is nothing left to get that requires km for me.

I had 1 left to get then they released Gen 2 so I carried on. Then I got all them so it went on back burner again. But then I went abroad (US) so got all region specific of those, Florida is particularly useful in that respect. Then today I hear Kangaskhan is available in BIRMINGHAM  (also unowns) so have to get that to. I can't figure out raids so the legendarys are beyond me and I don't count them! I don't care about battles or raids or good CP etc, just want them all!

I didn't even like Pokemon as a kid, only played because my nephews wanted me to join them (and have long since stopped playing) and yet I sit on 237 caught out of 238 seen and am half tempted to book a flight to Japan to get that bloody Farfetch'd because I'm so OCD about completion! 

• Like 1

Excluding certain regional pokemon and Unown, I have completed my pokedex. 

I hate the raid system so much. It is so frustrating that I have to rely on other people to catch a legendary. It's so stupid and unfair. I had to join facebook groups so I could organize raids for legendaries. I shouldn't have to do outside work to play this stupid game. Numerous times I've waited at a gym for people to show and they never did. Lunch time at a restaurant and most I was able to get was 3 people for a raid. I am literally forced to go downtown to touristy areas to play this game. It's tiring. 

In South Australia there is a really good community group based on the Discord chat app. It's always pretty easy to get a group going, and I found we could take down a Zapdos with 6 of us. I imagine there would be similar facebook groups in most major cities, but the Discord chat is good because it has different little threads for different areas so it's easy to coordinate.

When I caught my Zapdos I was able to get on the Discord group and had 5 people meet me at the nearest shopping centre within about 30 minutes. We did 3 raids together and I caught him on my 3rd one. I have several workmates that play but we hadn't managed to go out and raid in the time that Zapdos had been available so it was cool to be able to get people mobile so quickly.

• 10 months later...
Â