Pokémon GO

hogso

Oh...

Seriously there are millions at my work. I spent an hour on a walk yesterday so put this on, and used "incense" and caught about 10 pokemon (not all unique).

I've caught about 25 today and I've only turned it on a couple of times, and I've barely moved from my seat.

**** knows. I'm not even trying, genuinely every time I open the app at work there's 2 or 3 pokemon on the screen. Maybe they're more prominent around a pokestop, and because there's one outside my window I'm getting loads?

I'm going to out on a limb here, given that the resources for Niantic's other game were generated based on phone usage/location data it could be Pokemon spawning locations could well be the same </wild theory>

Having said that, the ones I can catch in work and at home always show up in the same place on the map every time.  And of the 80 odd I've caught, maybe two or three I've noticed being in the place where the rustling grass is showing.

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I guess being at Center Parcs for the week will make it a good time to start playing? I'll be walking everywhere. 

Can someone briefly summarize what to do?

Open the app.
Walk around a bit.
When pokemon appears tap it to see it on your camera.
Chuck a pokeball at it.

Repeat a million times.

That's about as far as I've got :D

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

So do they involve or anything?! 

Yeah they evolve. You get "sweets" and once you get enough you can evolve the pokemon you've got.

I believe you get to fight them at gyms and that but I've not got that far yet!

I'm not sure I get this. I'm level 6. At all of the local gyms around me, there are players in the range around 15-16. do I just keep playing and hope that they all get bored before me so I can do stuff? 

Got this on iPhone by creating an account on the US store.  No idea what you're supposed to do.  Do you just go to the points of interest that appear on the map?  There's a statue opposite my office that has appeared.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Got this on iPhone by creating an account on the US store.  No idea what you're supposed to do.  Do you just go to the points of interest that appear on the map?  There's a statue opposite my office that has appeared.

That's probably a POkestop. If you go there (physically go there) and then tap on it on your game, it brings up a picture. Then swipe the picture and you'll get some items.

For pokemon you have to go out and find them. Walk around with the game running and they'll pop up, click on them and your away.

Â