Alton Sterling

omariqy

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

it's murder. Nothing else, but straight up murder. I thought the Eric Garner video was bad, but this is another level of awful. 

i wont post it here but watch the walter scott video

its **** ridiculous 

also recommend fruitvale station, good film

Edited by villa4europe

I don't get it he was pinned on the ground then they put about ten rounds in his chest and they are still yelling at him to get on the ground he's not going to get up and run away is he rediculous

Edited by AshVilla

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I don't get it he was pinned on the ground then they put about ten rounds in his chest and they are still yelling at him to get on the ground he's not going to get up and run away is he rediculous

They tased him too. It's bonkers.

I can understand they're super vigilant and on edge in a country where so many of the population have guns, but some of their actions you just cannot excuse or begin to understand, does taking a life mean nothing to them?

Just now, Keyblade said:

"Allegedly"

Well I watched the video and the one police officer yelled 'he is going for the gun.' Now if it was some ruse for the watching public I will hold my hands up. If not, then **** him.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Well I watched the video and the one police officer yelled 'he is going for the gun.' Now if it was some ruse for the watching public I will hold my hands up. If not, then **** him.

They yelled "he's got a gun" which they should have supposedly known if they were called because he was 'waving' it around. A gun which they later removed from a cargo pant pocket which they had to open before removing. It was his right pocket too and it's clear from the videos that his right arm was by his side and not even moving during the incident. This is without even going into how he could have possibly pulled out his gun with 2 cops sitting on top of him and being just tased. "He's got a gun" is a standard cop euphemism along with "my life was threatened" which will no doubt surface in the coming days. You don't have to even pull out your gun as the incident which happened hours later in Minnesota showed. Yelling he's got a gun is not that far from a ruse tbh

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A man who was allegedly pointing a gun at someone, a man who refused police orders, a man who allegedly went for a gun whilst being restrained.

That's the thing where I think you can relate it back to training

when you watch the video the first cop tries to take him to the ground by almost rugby tackling him at the waist, they then struggle, eventually throwing him to the ground, both policemen are then more interested in pinning him to the ground than they are restraining him, putting their hands and knees in to his head and forcing it against the Tarmac, a policman then says "he's got a gun" which means they're searching him before he's restrained, they don't cuff him first, they don't try and control his arms or his movement, why is the instant reaction to him having a gun to then pull theirs out? Why didn't the officer who found the gun remove it? When he then struggles or does even reach for a gun why do they shoot him 5 times? With a pause between the shots too...

it's **** awful policing, they should never have put themsleves in a position where he could go for his gun

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the decent police officers out there. If there is a actual  crazy black killer that is actually dangerous armed with a gun they might be scared to shoot him because of repercussions like this. These guys should be thrown in prison for this heinous crime. 

Five Dallas police officers have been killed and six wounded by sniper fire during protests against the shooting of black men by police, authorities say.

Police are in a stand-off with one armed man in a multi-storey car park. Three other people have been detained.

Gunfire broke out at around 20:45 local time on Thursday (01:45 GMT Friday) as demonstrators marched through the city.

The protests were sparked by the deaths of Philando Castile in Minnesota and Alton Sterling in Louisiana.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36742835

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Just heard something astonishing - They arrested some bloke thinking he might be a suspect. Turns out he was just a random member of the public... walking down the road with a rifle slung over his shoulder...

Who even does that????

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Who even does that????

Americans. 

I've seen posts around, mostly on YouTube admittedly, stating that he shouldn't have resisted arrest with a gun pointing at his head especially knowing he had a gun in his pocket. As if that is an offence for which the acceptable punishment is death. 

Â