Mitchell Clark

sir_gary_cahill

17 year old right back for the youth team has just signed his first professional contract. I've seen him a few times for the youth team and I've been very impressed. He's very good going forwards and also adept defensively, I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops over the coming years. I think he's a very special talent

• Like 1

hate to say this, but it's been years since there has been an academy graduate/youth prospect who has gone on to do anything in the first team, Cahill, Albrighton and Davis were good but we rewarded that talent by flogging them/letting them leave. Ridgewell was the best, well when he played for Birmingham.

we're still talking about whether Gardner, Baker and Clark will make it and Clark at least is in his mid fifties.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

On the OS and on his Facebook, apologies if I've done something wrong

Nothing wrong, it's just a good idea to say where you've read it so others know the source. He's posted it on his twitter:

Happy to sign my first professional contract at

Well Ciaran captained England underage (correct me if I'm wrong - probably am) and now plays for Ireland. Maybe Mitchell was born in Holyhead or Fishguard on the way back from a summer trip to the Emerald Isle. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Very good performance last night from him, he played centre back which I think is his best position. He can play right back too, he's an excellent young player, he can hold his head high after last night, very mature performance from a 17 year old 

Â