Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

Yeah, Gollini is not coming here as second choice in my opinion. He will start the season as number 1, assuming all goes well in pre-season of course. I think Bunn will remain as no.2, with the young lad we signed last summer pushing for the no.2 slot.

Birmingham Mail say signing is imminent

Birmingham Mail reporting that Guzan may go to Middlesbrough

Although I have also read that Middlesbrough are looking at Victor Valdes as a possible GK, which may be them turning attentions away from Guzan or mabe a negotiating tactic?

But what about the links with Pantilimon? Why would be out for an experienced, good goalkeeper AND Gelloni if the former wasn't going to be first choice?

1 minute ago, meme said:

But what about the links with Pantilimon? Why would be out for an experienced, good goalkeeper AND Gelloni if the former wasn't going to be first choice?

Because Pantilimon is a second choice goalkeeper. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meme said:

Maybe we had a shortlist of goalkeepers that would do a job for us. That list would have been devised by Battara and who knows maybe Gollini was top of that list, our first choice if we could get him. I mean yeah he lacks experience but he's also young enough to be trained into a world class talent, I mean Battara if I recall is largely to thank for Joe Hart being as good as he has been the last 6+ years (ignore the Euros).

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Maybe we had a shortlist of goalkeepers that would do a job for us. That list would have been devised by Battara and who knows maybe Gollini was top of that list, our first choice if we could get him. I mean yeah he lacks experience but he's also young enough to be trained into a world class talent, I mean Battara if I recall is largely to thank for Joe Hart being as good as he has been the last 6+ years (ignore the Euros).

VT would have been so much more fun had you not added this.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Let's just say the Iceland goal wasn't a one off...

joe-hart-blunder-west-ham.gif

I can't see us signing Pantilimon now, don't think he'd leave a prem bench to sit on our bench and he's probably on good wages. Nixon seemed to think the other day that we were after another keeper based in Italy, besides Gollini. Or it might have been Gollini besides another keeper we've been linked with.

10 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Gollini and Pantilimon in, Guzan and Bunn out, with Sarkic going out on loan to continue his development sounds a good setup for the coming season.

I would be happy with Bunn as second choice, so long as he is that. A second choice.

Can't see us signing a GK to replace a No.2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why is everyone forgetting we've already got Jed Steer, who has just completed most of a season being a first choice goalkeeper in the Championship?

Guzan and Bunn out, Gollini in.

Gollini, Steer and Sarkic as goalkeeping options.

And Brad Watkins who is a pretty decent keeper.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why is everyone forgetting we've already got Jed Steer, who has just completed most of a season being a first choice goalkeeper in the Championship?

Guzan and Bunn out, Gollini in.

Gollini, Steer and Sarkic as goalkeeping options.

You're right, I totally forgot about Steer. 

And after I promised Dr. Dre I'd never do that again. :blush:

• Like 2

Â