Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

• 1 month later...
On 30/12/2017 at 14:48, sne said:

Getting a rare start for Atalanta today.

They are trailing 0-2 at home to Cagliari after 45 minutes...

Gollini made 1 save and Cagliari had 3 shots on target, and scored two goals... he’s not very good is he?

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Wasn't he £5mill... that’s mental isn’t it? 

Not the players fault, I blame Floperto for throwing money down the drain.

I blame the people who were managing RDM , it was obviously a huge risk from the start , it should have be highlighted as such, young and inexperienced keepers coming in to replace a keeper who had come under immense pressure and failed .

The due diligence on the signing was poor to say the least. Worst part about it is he could have become a good keeper , he just never stood a chance from the off .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

He's starting for Atalanta today at home to Fiorentina (who have Veretout in the team)

Looking at Gollini before the game he must have grown a couple of inches, he's positively mahoosive. Looks easily 7ft tall.

Or maybe it's the rest of the Atalanta players who are short...:D

Anyway, nice that he get's a start as far as I recall he's still our player after all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

He's starting for Atalanta today at home to Fiorentina (who have Veretout in the team)

Looking at Gollini before the game he must have grown a couple of inches, he's positively mahoosive. Looks easily 7ft tall.

Or maybe it's the rest of the Atalanta players who are short...:D

Anyway, nice that he get's a start as far as I recall he's still our player after all.

Game ended 1-1.  Veretout played for Fiorentina.  That's all I can tell ya.

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Game ended 1-1.  Veretout played for Fiorentina.  That's all I can tell ya.

I watched the first half, he didn't really have much to do.

Guess he could have steered the initial shot further away from him before the goal but it wasn't a mistake in any way.

Looked a bit dodgy with the ball at his feet one time but other than that he looked good in the air and came out and made himself big forcing the Viola players to miss the goal with their shots.

Looked pretty calm and composed and his distribution was fine.

No idea about the second half but at least he didn't concede.

• Like 1

I'm not lying when I say another forums member touted Gollini to hold the potential of Courtois/De Gea/Lloris.

That was the last I heard of him about a two months ago. Wonder what the comparison was based on.

20 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I'm not lying when I say another forums member touted Gollini to hold the potential of Courtois/De Gea/Lloris.

That was the last I heard of him about a two months ago. Wonder what the comparison was based on.

Probably being a foreign keeper.

20 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I think somebody on here said he be Italy No.1 in a few seasons :lol:

• 3 months later...

Goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini has signed a new contract with Atalanta. After the club exercised his buyback clause from Aston Villa for € 4.3m, Gollini will remain under contract with the Serie A club, with which he made 7 appearances on loan from Villa last seaon, until 2023.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/atalanta-new-contract-for-gollini-after-being-redeemed-from-aston-villa

We signed him for £4.5m according to Transfermarkt

On Sky sports news now. 

Good result, for once didn't get our fingers too badly burnt. I was envisioning a free transfer for him. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thats about 3.8 million we got back

Great work RDM

There could have been a loan fee as well on top of that.  It's amazing how many of our signings have been a complete waste of time, many of whom done pretty well elsewhere (the jury still out on Gollini mind you).

Edited by sharkyvilla

Â