Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

On 12/9/2016 at 13:10, bobzy said:

It's like everyone thinks that other goalkeepers just make no errors at all.  Every single one in the Championship will have done so this season.  All of them, Gollini included (obvs).

It would honestly be bonkers to replace Gollini, especially as a priority. 

I agree. Other areas need looking at first. Gollini can do a job. I think most Liverpool fans would take Gollini right now.

19 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Exactly. We need another keeper, preferably one that could step in if needed and who can apply pressure to Gollini, that's not Bunn.

We'll sign a keeper no doubt about that and I'd expect it to be on loan.

Don't write off Sarkic, he's an outstanding talent in my opinion 

21 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Exactly. We need another keeper, preferably one that could step in if needed and who can apply pressure to Gollini, that's not Bunn.

We'll sign a keeper no doubt about that and I'd expect it to be on loan.

I'd be surprised if Man U let us have their young keeper, who is desperate for games, to come and sit on our bench. 

If Gollini isn't getting replaced then I think that rumour is rubbish then. Be interesting to see who we end up with. 

I still think it Mcgregor from Hull on loan will be the short term fix.

I also noticed Amavi and Gollini having a few words on more than one occasion on Saturday.

Going with Gollini for the rest of the season for me would be a major risk. Must admit I m starting doubt the 'potential' that so many are seeing. 

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Being linked back to Italy? Would hate to sell him. Think he shows a lot of promise for his age.

and Mannone from Sunderland to come in......  I think id rather keep Gollini! Most news from Italy.. is utter bullshite when it comes to Villa. Especially from that reporter that is so ITK.. but gets more wrong than right. 

I think he is playing with very little confidence at the moment. Jed Steer if he is still alive has to start soon

commentator tonight even said we have a keeper signed in January so looks like he might be No.2 for a while

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think he is playing with very little confidence at the moment. Jed Steer if he is still alive has to start soon

commentator tonight even said we have a keeper signed in January so looks like he might be No.2 for a while

Steer out for the Season im pretty sure

18 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

What exactly did he do wrong yesterday? The strike was right in the bottom corner he wasn't getting anywhere near that ...

Other than that he didn't have a great deal to do because our defence cleared everything away (which you would find hard to believe if you read the Tommy Elphwick thread!) 

Made a good double save in the first half if I remember correctly. Ok could maybe have held the first strike but showed great athleticism to get up and at the attackers feet for the second shot. 

Christ he is a hell of an improvement on Guzan / Bunn, and certainly not the reason we looked so crap yesterday. 

I agree with this.  I'd also add that he is not helped by having shit understudies to work with.  Bunn,  Steer, Siegrest we have 4 goalkeepers and one decent one.  Bring a new goalie in for sure if you want but lets get rid of the shit we have here as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard said:

I agree with this.  I'd also add that he is not helped by having shit understudies to work with.  Bunn,  Steer, Siegrest we have 4 goalkeepers and one decent one.  Bring a new goalie in for sure if you want but lets get rid of the shit we have here as well

I am 100% sure Siegrist is at least gone at this stage :P

many other players and positions need fixing before Gollini I think. Think he needs some decent back up though. If our midfield and right side of defence were so open and easy to walk through we wouldn't be chatting about him. Considering how exposed he is left so often I think he's alright. Got a few mistakes in him and young but a good keeper overall and could be great given time. Sort the other 10 out so we have a midfield, get Baker back in place of Elphick and then get them all playing to a system where they know there roles.

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmmmm so where does this leave Gollini now? 

Once the manager loses faith with a keeper its normally a hard way back for them. 

Feel he was unlucky to lose his place - after all he's conceded once in his last 2 games and that was in the corner - that said although I'm not a bunn fan he looked assured today .

Â