Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

If people are trying to come up with a song for this chap then there can be only one serious contender.... Informer by Snow with informer eplaced by Tshibola. It's been in my head since the link emerged, someone more creative than me can sort the rest of the lyrics.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The thought of hearing a football crowd trying to sing the verses to Informer with whatever lyrics you choose fills me with joy

And me. Be brilliant wouldn't it, even better than Will Griggs.

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If people are trying to come up with a song for this chap then there can be only one serious contender.... Informer by Snow with informed replaced by Tshibola. It's been in my head since the link emerged, someone more creative than me can sort the rest of the lyrics.

Just in case anyone wants to know the original lyrics -

"Y'know say dead a me snow me I go play 'em; I lick ya bum bum down."

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

We should just stick with the original lyrics -

"Y'know say dead a me snow me I go play 'em; I lick ya bum bum down."

I knew as soon as I posted that you'd be along, impossible to hear that song without thinking of you! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

The most utterly incomprehensible song of all time. I once met a bloke on a night out who could sing the whole song word for word. Or so he claimed nobody had any way to verify it but it sounded good.

There is someone posting in this thread who used to be able to and judging by a post he just made still could...

31 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

That's what the Mail said, but I'm not convinced...

It looks wrong but in this piece the reporters (from Reading) pronounce it Tish-bo-la, and also refer to him as 'Tish'.

That's going to bother me. Like Nathan Delfouneso. How was that Del-fon-so?

If it is Tishbola then he's going in the 'Things that piss me off ..." thread.  Every. Week.  It has to be Shibola.  SSHHHHUURELY !

Oh and sign already !

I'm backing the The Kinks - Lola, tune. Slightly amended lyrics to those suggested by Gary Thomas as I think it would fit a chanting crowd easier - '6 foot 3 and a beast of a guy; flying into tackles send you up to the sky, TISH-BOW-LA! La la la la - la - TISH-BOW-LA'

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

If it is Tishbola then he's going in the 'Things that piss me off ..." thread.  Every. Week.  It has to be Shibola.  SSHHHHUURELY !

Oh and sign already !

If it's of African origin (which it looks like it is) then I'm pretty sure it would be pronounced tShibola with a soft t at the beginning… The "Tish-bola" pronunciation probably comes from English people being unable to pronounce it the right way. Whether he himself pronounces it the original way is another thing.

Example pronunciation here

Edited by Billson
To add link
  • Like 2

Â