Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

Just now, blandy said:

They're not. I detest them (the rags, not the readers), but people read them for all sorts of reasons. Doesn't make them morons, though I suppose prolonged exposure to their bile might eventually turn people a bit daft.

I recommend it in extreme moderation, especially for you mate ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

They're not. I detest them (the rags, not the readers), but people read them for all sorts of reasons. Doesn't make them morons, though I suppose prolonged exposure to their bile might eventually turn people a bit daft.

See Brexit vote :D

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He doesn't do anything any better than Yacouba Sylla did when he was here. Apart from him being somewhat big I don't see the potential unfortunately.

I don't agree, I think he is technically gifted and doesn't just tap the ball back to the nearest player but keeps the ball and tries to find a pass. I see big potential in him. But I agree that he didn't make much of an impression today, faded and was anonymous for periods, I'd like to see him take more initiatives going forward. He and Jedinak was too static, like two holding players. In a 4-4-2 I'd say one on the CM must be more creative, Jedinak clearly isn't as he is a destroyer and Tshibola didn't do enough.

Btw I think Sylla was bought as a defensive midfielder, but Lambert quickly found out that he couldn't be trusted with the ball in our own half so he mostly played him further forward as a pressing midfielder (and did that role ok)

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't agree, I think he is technically gifted and doesn't just tap the ball back to the nearest player but keeps the ball and tries to find a pass. I see big potential in him. But I agree that he didn't make much of an impression today, faded and was anonymous for periods, I'd like to see him take more initiatives going forward. He and Jedinak was too static, like two holding players. In a 4-4-2 I'd say one on the CM must be more creative, Jedinak clearly isn't as he is a destroyer and Tshibola didn't do enough.

It could be down to the lack of options but the taking 2 or 3 touches and passing sidewards reminds me of what Sylla used to do. Sylla is doing ok for himself still and played a big part in helping us stay up after being signed so I don't mean it as an insult moreso an observation.

Said it last week and the week before.

He's yet to show anything decent in a villa shirt.

Yes he should be in the team because he isn't Gardner or Westwood. But he hasn't really shown more than either of them.

We need much better, or him to vastly improve, if we're going to become a good team

• Like 1

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Immensely disappointing again today. A few weeks ago he was Villatalk's favourite go-to guy to solve all our midfield problems. Well now we've gone to him and you could see today how little influence he has in the middle.

You could also see why he wasn't making the squad when Bruce came in, especially if the rumours about fitness/attitude are correct. 

Â