Jump to content

A peek behind the scenes at Bodymoor Heath


NurembergVillan
 Share

Recommended Posts

that is very cool. as a 35 year old out of shape accountant i'm starting to think my dreams of making it as a top professional footballer at Villa are just starting to slip away so it was nice to hear about your experience.

hope you got to keep the swag!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator
1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

that is very cool. as a 35 year old out of shape accountant i'm starting to think my dreams of making it as a top professional footballer at Villa are just starting to slip away so it was nice to hear about your experience.

hope you got to keep the swag!

As a 37 year old desk jockey myself I'm finally let go of that dream!  Yep, they let us keep the gear.  Might encourage me to get a bit more cardio on the go!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Fair play, that was a really interesting insight and one I enjoyed reading immensely. Things seem to be shaping up well now. It's very reassuring that we are finally getting our act together! 

Now to buy some new players...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
16 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

that is very cool. as a 35 year old out of shape accountant i'm starting to think my dreams of making it as a top professional footballer at Villa are just starting to slip away so it was nice to hear about your experience.

hope you got to keep the swag!

Haha, I am a 40 year old out of shape accountant. I think it was roughly about 5 years ago that I gave up the dream of becoming a pro footballer. I am now waiting on the call to take over the reigns as the manager at this great club, the club has got through enough managers over the last five years, but still no call. :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Fair play, that was a really interesting insight and one I enjoyed reading immensely. Things seem to be shaping up well now. It's very reassuring that we are finally getting our act together! 

Now to buy some new players...

There was more than one mention about the quality of players we're going to bring in.

Also some interesting insight into the younger players, which Gregg has covered in the Mail today.  Aside from those Khalid Abdo was called out as being extremely talented.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Did you spot that club rules poster anywhere?:D

Seriously great stuff. I used to go to BMH years ago every half term/summer holidays when they used to train on the pitches right by the public car park.

Don't go anymore as that dosen't happen and not interested in getting autographs. It's a great facility though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Did you spot that club rules poster anywhere?:D

Seriously great stuff. I used to go to BMH years ago every half term/summer holidays when they used to train on the pitches right by the public car park.

Don't go anymore as that dosen't happen and not interested in getting autographs. It's a great facility though.

I had a look out for "that poster" but didn't see it anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

There was more than one mention about the quality of players we're going to bring in.

Also some interesting insight into the younger players, which Gregg has covered in the Mail today.  Aside from those Khalid Abdo was called out as being extremely talented.

Who were the people mentioning the quality of players, Wyness and co or the reporters? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I had a look out for "that poster" but didn't see it anywhere.

Just thought if it really is genuine it would be in the dressing room as obviously it's directed to the players so probably not unless they quickly took it down given some form of it was leaked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Haha, I am a 40 year old out of shape accountant. I think it was roughly about 5 years ago that I gave up the dream of becoming a pro footballer. I am now waiting on the call to take over the reigns as the manager at this great club, the club has got through enough managers over the last five years, but still no call. :(

 

I guess we are tragic examples of talent slipping through the net. Lack of talent not withstanding i blame the system man!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â