Club Partners 2016/7

meme

Oh, wow, I go for 30 minutes and we announce Resorts World Birmingham as a club partner. Ironically went there yesterday too, absolutely stunning place and certainly has a huge turnover! :D

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/06/28/resorts-world-new-partner?

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce that Resorts World Birmingham will become an Official Partner for the 2016/17 season. 

Resorts World Birmingham is the first Resorts World complex in Europe, and the seventh globally with New York, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Manila already having their own.

god damn it i keep forgetting to quote and it gets me so many warnings

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

I wonder how the Resorts World sponsorship will work, will it just be a; we show their name at the ground and they show our name at the complex? Or will it be a more intensive marketing thing? A wait and see job I suppose. It might be good to open another AV store there though, it's got great international links as its by the NEC (or whatever that's called these days) and the Airport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder how the Resorts World sponsorship will work, will it just be a; we show their name at the ground and they show our name at the complex? Or will it be a more intensive marketing thing? A wait and see job I suppose. It might be good to open another AV store there though, it's got great international links as its by the NEC (or whatever that's called these days) and the Airport.

I think it's just marketing benefits for both sides. Resorts World will get more popular with Villa fans because of the offers and Villa basically get free marketing.

Seems like there's already a designated Resort World rewards site for Villa season ticket holders.

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Cool there's an IMAX there too, the screen is so big my eyes nearly fell out.

There's a Lindor shop there too.

It completed my life goals.

• Like 2

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Ha, those Lindor chocolate spheres are so good, they must have crack in them or something.

They are. Unfortunately they fill you up so fast, and then you get thirsty! :(

you have a knack for liking my posts, simply because i am shakespeare

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I do enjoy dishing out a good 'like'

I'm not a man for social media, mainly because I always forget to like things that I like.

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Will be brilliant for Resorts World. It really needs some more exposure. Its a great little centre and if Villa can help drive people there it will help both parties and my job !!!!

We knew this for ages, but here we go...

Under Armour have been announced as kit manufacturer until 2021. Cool, safe, blah blah blah.

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce a partnership with leading sports brand Under Armour.

It will begin with this season’s ‘Fight like Lions’ campaign which sees us team up with global innovators Under Armour until 2021.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/01/under-armour-confirmed?

On 28/06/2016 at 18:15, villa4europe said:

Any news on who our 2nd shirt sponsor is?

and if we've kept our link with acorns?

Based on the kit we aren't having one likely because we aren't planning to be in the league long. It's likely a lot of work setting up deals with sponsors when if all goes well they wouldn't be a sponsor next season. So maybe we'll seek one out if this season in the Championship isn't a breeze but right now it seems the club are being respectful to the Championship but are also expecting to win the league if not come second. 

• 3 weeks later...

Aston University announced as University Partner. Ehh?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/18/official-uk-university-partner-announced

Aston University’s association will run for three seasons from the beginning of the 2016/17 campaign, and will feature the University utilising the Club’s global brand and marketing platform to recruit international students for its undergraduate and one-year postgraduate courses.

Under the partnership, Aston University will also support the Aston Villa Foundation in delivering its Social Enterprise Academy initiative, where students from schools across Birmingham are taught business skills and operate their own social enterprises to raise funds to tackle local issues.

also i can't edit the front post, rest in peace @meme

Edited by meme

• 2 weeks later...

Greene King announced as Ale Partner. Cool.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/29/greene-king-confirmed

Leading UK brewer and pub retailer Greene King is set to become the new Official Ale Partner of Aston Villa Football Club for the 2016/17 season.

Greene King’s association will run for three seasons from the beginning of the 2016/17 campaign, including pouring rights for Greene King’s portfolio of seasonal and craft beers at Villa Park.

"We're very pleased to welcome Greene King to our family of official partners. The introduction of Greene King’s iconic beer brands to our product offering at Villa Park is yet another step taken in enhancing the matchday experience for fans,” said Peter Wright, Head of Partnerships at Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

I read an article translated from Chinese to English that seemed to suggest that Vicvilla and a certain department of Birmingham University are going to work together, on formulas for the energy drinks, or whatever it is they're making.

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Finally some real ale!!! VERY happy with this! :cheers:

Best news in ages. This does mean I'll no longer be driving to VP, what is public transport like these days? :cheers:

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Best news in ages. This does mean I'll no longer be driving to VP, what is public transport like these days? :cheers:

I'm walking distance to  the cross city line and that runs every 10 minutes to Aston on Saturday afternoon. Sunday's are annoying at every 30 minutes and evenings runs until 11 but can still get me home so all good! 

Depends where you need to get to but buses and trains into town means should be reachable from public transport from near enough wherever :thumb:

Â