Villa League Cup 1st Round Draw

andykeenan

I cant access the link  - but that's what we get for being bottom - even if we had ended up just a point behind them..

The number of teams in the first round  entirely depends on the number of PL teams in Europe..

We are "third" ranked in the CH - and they need 70 teams in the 1st round - so we're in it from the start.

Last season there were 8 PL teams in Europe - so ALL the non-PL teams had to start in the 1st round last season.

So we will be drawn against any League 2 team or any of the bottom 11 from League One (last season)

Edited by SirSteveUK

How do they work out North and South?

I've always wanted to watch Villa play Shrewsbury, but we're in different parts of the draw! Where's the cut?! Cambridge is also in North despite being further south than Brum...

God how Lame being in the first round of league cup. Hope we get a premiership team in round 2 and go out want to concentrate on league we dont need cup distractions this year as we will have no chance of winning it with a championship team. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Does seeded mean we're at home?

I think it means we don't play another seeded team, that's all.

52 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

How do they work out North and South?

I've always wanted to watch Villa play Shrewsbury, but we're in different parts of the draw! Where's the cut?! Cambridge is also in North despite being further south than Brum...

40 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

No idea how it works but I bet southerners are to blame. They always get confused about anything north of Watford gap.

This, the Twitter profile suggests they do it by area and hence some anomalies. Of course they are based in London so do struggle with "North"...

Just now, cyrusr said:

I think it means we don't play another seeded team, that's all.

This, the Twitter profile suggests they do it by area and hence some anomalies. Of course they are based in London so do struggle with "North"...

You're probably right but makes zero sense! Shrewsbury is 40 odd miles away whereas Southend is 150 miles away and considerably further south!

I'd love to know their criteria!

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I hope we don't get Wycome again! Or Bradford, or Millwall...

Milwall / Bradford also seeded - so we wont get them.  Bearing in mind that the seeded teams are chosen by league position - would have thought it would be difficult to draw on regional basis :detect:

Â