Costel Pantilimon

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I can't really comment on Pantilimon too much, I've not really seen him play I'm surprised so many feel in a position to assess him.

There are a couple of things I think worth noting in speculation with him and any other keepers this summer.

We've already made one change this summer relating to keepers with the arrival of the seemingly very well respected Massimo Battara.

It was Battara that championed Hart over Given at City an opinion listened to by Mancini and proven to be right, it seems likely to me he will offer and expect his opinion to be listened to here and what is more RDM will want it. So any keeper we sign will come with his approval.

It is also worth pointing out that Battara was at City from 2009 to 2013, Pantilimon was there for some of the same period so the two have worked together previously.

So if we are in for him it isn't random link it may appear at first to be and secondly if Battara is as good as reported, personally I'm happy to take his judgement on a player he has previously worked with.

As for the Romania squad, players playing for their clubs always tend to get picked ahead of those that aren't unless you are Jack Wiltshere anyway. 

Just my two pence worth anyway.

Very very good points.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry to be a bore, but how is his professionalism?

Exactly what I was thinking and I agree with Trent's response. 

I'm not going to judge any signing too much ether way until I've seen them in the claret and blue. I know little about Pantilimon in truth, have seen him maybe a handful of times for Sunderland and don't recall him standing out either way. What I do hope above all else is that he's professional, highly motivated and that our A rated goalkeeping coach can work with him.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Exactly what I was thinking and I agree with Trent's response. 

I'm not going to judge any signing too much ether way until I've seen them in the claret and blue. I know little about Pantilimon in truth, have seen him maybe a handful of times for Sunderland and don't recall him standing out either way. What I do hope above all else is that he's professional, highly motivated and that our A rated goalkeeping coach can work with him.

It's pretty much the only thing I'm going to rate signings on this summer. 

• Like 1

Â