Memory Lane

maqroll

16 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I sometimes think about all the old toys, books, stuff etc... that I had when I was little or younger and wonder where are they now? A landfill? Melted down? Recycled into something else?Someone else's house? A shop somewhere? Who knows.

Also, I've always wanted to go back and see my nans old house even though someone else lives there now and it's probably completely different inside. Been about 13 years since I was there and she died in 2008 having moved somewhere else for her last few years. 

My parents never threw out my toys, they kept them. I say kept, I mean stuffed into boxes in the cellar and loft. 

They ebayed them all the other year as they were decluttering before they moved. So all my toys are owned by 40-50 year old men nostalgic for their childhood! Made some good money on them as well

• 2 months later...

Been a bit melancholy the last week or so. Nothing major, just thinking back to when I was younger and reminiscing about the good times I had in my late teens and early twenties. Maybe its a delayed reaction to hitting 40! Who knows! 

Thinking about heavy nights out we use to have at Godskitchen, Sundissential, and the more cheesy places like Snobs and The Dome II. Great venues like Code, Sanctuary, Bonds and Que Club. Good times! I don't think that era for proper clubbing will ever be beaten. Been watching all the old videos on Youtube and listening to the compilation mixes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Been a bit melancholy the last week or so. Nothing major, just thinking back to when I was younger and reminiscing about the good times I had in my late teens and early twenties. Maybe its a delayed reaction to hitting 40! Who knows! 

Thinking about heavy nights out we use to have at Godskitchen, Sundissential, and the more cheesy places like Snobs and The Dome II. Great venues like Code, Sanctuary, Bonds and Que Club. Good times! I don't think that era for proper clubbing will ever be beaten. Been watching all the old videos on Youtube and listening to the compilation mixes. 

Good times...I used to go out to all these places too. I’d like to also add Bakers and Stoodi Bakers, Wobble, and The Steering Wheel to that list. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Good times...I used to go out to all these places too. I’d like to also add Bakers and Stoodi Bakers, Wobble, and The Steering Wheel to that list. 

I know it sounds like a cliche but it was just about the music and having a good time with old friends and making new ones. There was no egos in the 'proper' clubs and it was before the time of social media and people doing selfies, and 'checking in' trying to look cool. 

Thinking of other club nights at the time; Polysexual, Miss Moneypennys and Atomic Jam!  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

I suspect it is. I think was VERY nostalgic for my teens and twenties when I was in my forties. Now I'm in my sixties, I find I'm much less bothered about it, I kinda prefer now. 

• Like 2

I used to go to the Fridge in Shrewsbury. When you people were having faceless dance music pumped down your throat I was having Loaded by Primal Scream having an early play. That and the Fields of The Nephilm. But let's skirt over that. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Those nights/days were unreal. Godskitchen at the Sanctuary was class. Sundissential at Pulse, then later on Que Club (following the unfortunate death). I loved Polysexual, Babooshka, Atomic Jam. There was the steering wheel, west end bar and a cafe that played hard house after hours (Peppers?).

We used to travel all over the country for it, Gatecrasher, Cream, Progress, Insomniacz, Slinky, Trade, Golden, Passion, Storm, Canal Club, The Mezzanine. So many good memories. 

This time 20 years ago, we were preparing for Millennium eve. Gatecrasher at Don Valley Stadium, 25,000 people and £107.50 a ticket. It was a crazy night, not least for the idiot that climbed the lighting rigging. But Sundissential back in Brum on New Year’s Day beat it hands down. 

Now... where did I put those 1210’s.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Those nights/days were unreal. Godskitchen at the Sanctuary was class. Sundissential at Pulse, then later on Que Club (following the unfortunate death). I loved Polysexual, Babooshka, Atomic Jam. There was the steering wheel, west end bar and a cafe that played hard house after hours (Peppers?).

We used to travel all over the country for it, Gatecrasher, Cream, Progress, Insomniacz, Slinky, Trade, Golden, Passion, Storm, Canal Club, The Mezzanine. So many good memories. 

This time 20 years ago, we were preparing for Millennium eve. Gatecrasher at Don Valley Stadium, 25,000 people and £107.50 a ticket. It was a crazy night, not least for the idiot that climbed the lighting rigging. But Sundissential back in Brum on New Year’s Day beat it hands down. 

Now... where did I put those 1210’s.. 

Sounds great!

I never did the whole travelling around the UK for nights out that much... too much other stuff going on and my office junior salary at the time didn't stretch that far! I imagine it was great seeing Gatecrasher at the Republic and Cream at Nation. What was your favourite club night and venue?

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sounds great!

I never did the whole travelling around the UK for nights out that much... too much other stuff going on and my office junior salary at the time didn't stretch that far! I imagine it was great seeing Gatecrasher at the Republic and Cream at Nation. What was your favourite club night and venue?

To be honest I always thought Godskitchen was better than Cream, I always found it a bit scabby at Nation, although seeing Oakenfold in the Courtyard was quality. 

It’s hard to pick a favourite but if I did, it would have to be Sundissential at Pulse. I loved that place. The bank holiday events where you’d have part 1 and part 2 were always mental. I liked the Que club version as well, great venue with some really strange places to get lost in. 

• Like 1

Â