Keith Wyness

villan-scott

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think some of the criticism on him seems a bit OTT. Seems a fairly straightforward chief exec, a bit old school but a hell of an upgrade on Tom Fox.

David Brent or Benny from Crossroads would be an upgrade on that clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still don't like him or his face. But I'm glad he has stopped saying the Villa engine. 

The Villa engine is a Steve Round thing and you’ll hear more and more of it hopefully. 

I have absolutely no clue why anyone would dislike him. There was the whole Everton/Kirkby thing but hey, they're scousers. 

He has said a couple of disagreeable things but having never met the bloke I feel like it would be weird to properly dislike him unless for football reasons. 

Seems to be doing a good job? Club look to be in a good position to push on, some good appointments across the board. Speaks well, engages with fans. 

• Like 4

Anyways back onto footballing matters...

He has said no plans to change the badge unless big fan demand for it. 

image.png.48ae5437803a65e8eb5c80517746f207.png

Would you want this back? I would be happy to have that back but maybe with the gold lion and star inserted in the middle as this has become our identity since the premier league era. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Would you want this back? I would be happy to have that back but maybe with the gold lion and star inserted in the middle as this has become our identity since the premier league era. 

Nope! 

I want at least one villa shirt fist pumping the heart!

• Haha 2

Not discredting Wyness at all.

However i'm wondering what proof people have that Tom Fox was such a horrendous CEO?

We do realise he was working under dire circumstances right?

That being said, Steve Hollis is a bit of a "Cult Hero" when it comes to the top job.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However i'm wondering what proof people have that Tom Fox was such a horrendous CEO?

Literally everything. Everybody now involved, to a man, has stated what an absolute mess it was behind the scenes not to mention on the pitch. 

What else do you measure a CEO by?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Literally everything. Everybody now involved, to a man, has stated what an absolute mess it was behind the scenes not to mention on the pitch. 

What else do you measure a CEO by?

This x1000

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Deffo, diff typeface but round badge 100% please.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We do realise he was working under dire circumstances right?

That being said, Steve Hollis is a bit of a "Cult Hero" when it comes to the top job.

Giving Lambert and Gabby contract extensions in autumn 2014 when neither deserved it. He oversaw a car crash of a transfer window in 2015. Our spending was comfortably prem mid table yet we stunk the place out the following year with 3 wins.  Firing Sherwood and getting Garde him who was completely the wrong man at the wrong time. He might have been a decent commercial guy but knew nothing about football and it showed. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Giving Lambert and Gabby contract extensions in autumn 2014 when neither deserved it. He oversaw a car crash of a transfer window in 2015. Our spending was comfortably prem mid table yet we stunk the place out the following year with 3 wins.  Firing Sherwood and getting Garde him who was completely the wrong man at the wrong time. He might have been a decent commercial guy but knew nothing about football and it showed. 

Hey that's a false narrative. But that said, he did have a nice face. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hey that's a false narrative. But that said, he did have a nice face. 

Haha, you beat me to it. 

Fox wasn't a CEO, he was in the wrong role and therefore was really bad at it. I'm sure he tried his best but just conpleted messed it up.

Wyness on the other hand is in it for himself. No matter how successful he turns out to be for the club I bet he becomes very very wealthy during his time at Villa. 

Â