Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm becoming more and more worried that no change is imminent. 

Be interesting to see if Bruce refers to wyness comments in his press conference if asked - I’m expecting him to come out all guns blazing with criticism of fans again , still waiting for him to shove those words down our throats . 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why?

Surely a loss at Boro and that's it for him?

The result on Monday and reaction of the fans could be the final straw  - anything but a win and surely he’s gone , a good time to act with a 12 day league break 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just listening to his interview on WM. Interesting to hear that FFP is finally being challenged by clubs. He thinks there could be changes to the rules for the better after the season ends.

He said if Dr T wanted to pump in 100mill of his own money for us to use he wouldn't be allowed with the current rules. It's bizzare that as the owner of a business he isn't allowed to do what he wants with it financially 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Just listening to his interview on WM. Interesting to hear that FFP is finally being challenged by clubs. He thinks there could be changes to the rules for the better after the season ends.

 

Did it sound like he meant Premier League FFP (changes would need 14 of the clubs to vote for it) or Championship FFP (the FA would decide after some input from all three leagues)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Did it sound like he meant Premier League FFP (changes would need 14 of the clubs to vote for it) or Championship FFP (the FA would decide after some input from all three leagues)?

The championship I think. He said if we go up it's less of a problem. But he kind of said it as there will be a big change within the rules.

He made a fair comment about us going up. He said it'll take 2 or 3 seasons for us to be able to challenge. He said in this market the tv money only buys you 2 or 3 players depending on who you're after. Never thought about that. Said 100mill in the prem now is nothing

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

The championship I think. He said if we go up it's less of a problem. But he kind of said it as there will be a big change within the rules.

He made a fair comment about us going up. He said it'll take 2 or 3 seasons for us to be able to challenge. He said in this market the tv money only buys you 2 or 3 players depending on who you're after. Never thought about that. Said 100mill in the prem now is nothing

I wonder whether he was saying this with a genuine level of seriousness and if he was, does he honestly believe that or is he really deluded?

“Challenge” suggests for the title, but I doubt we’ll even be anywhere near fourth place in 2 or 3 seasons of returning to the Premier League. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
On 9/5/2017 at 21:10, Reivax_Villa said:

Relatively happy with the interview. However this part scares me the most.

Don't scare me....i know exactly what he is getting at.

I also think the relationship with them all is a major plus......all singing off the same hymn sheet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I wonder whether he was saying this with a genuine level of seriousness and if he was, does he honestly believe that or is he really deluded?

“Challenge” suggests for the title, but I doubt we’ll even be anywhere near fourth place in 2 or 3 seasons of returning to the Premier League. 

"Time"is not a factor to cling to in predicting our future ambitions, i guess he felt obliged to say something tangible.....because thats what folk want to hear.

We need the players and the set up to make any kind of challenge in the Prem.....who knows how long that takes?

even with the money and FFP free, you can't fast track these things.....you need to build team spirit in to it and introduce players in to a galvanised unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I wonder whether he was saying this with a genuine level of seriousness and if he was, does he honestly believe that or is he really deluded?

“Challenge” suggests for the title, but I doubt we’ll even be anywhere near fourth place in 2 or 3 seasons of returning to the Premier League. 

To be fair I don't think challenge was his exact words. It was more established prem team again and then be in a position to push the top 6. 

His exclusive was that we were talking to Van Persie for the past 2 weeks but in the end we decided he wasn't a good fit for football reasons. I didn't see the point of telling us that but he said that's the level we're looking at this window. We aren't very very close to breaking FFP and if somebody is available that is better than what we have we are in a position to do it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some set rules on the penalties for breaking FFP to different extents? Like say if you break it by a million quid, you lose a squad place. 5 million dock points 10 million cancel promotions etc. Or is it theoretically if we break it by 10 grand signing Messi and we go up and get 120 points in the championship could you still have the book thrown at you as even though you only broke it by a small amount the gains were massive? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Is there some set rules on the penalties for breaking FFP to different extents? Like say if you break it by a million quid, you lose a squad place. 5 million dock points 10 million cancel promotions etc. Or is it theoretically if we break it by 10 grand signing Messi and we go up and get 120 points in the championship could you still have the book thrown at you as even though you only broke it by a small amount the gains were massive? 

The stupid thing is no-one knows, there's no hard and fast rule and it's all as vague as it can be. Few have tested it and those that have seem to have been given relatively light consequences if any at all. The thing driving it forward is the fear of what they could do rather than what they do do.

They tried any significant penalties and you can bet it would spend years tied up in appeals and what not. It's currently circumvented by the big teams and used to terrify the smaller ones and keep them in 'their place'. Really one of the most ill conceived ideas to have ever been attached to the game.

Edited by jackbauer24
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listened to the interview on BBC WM website (its there for 30 days if anyone else missed the original airing)

actually heres the link, Keith starts 35 minutes in.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05rsgh0#play

Quite a few interesting points, the talks of making Aston like a 2nd city centre seem very ambitious (and amazing if they can pull it off), but in reality very unlikely if i'm being honest.

I'd like to know if we really were after Robin Van Persie or if he's just saying it to make us look more ambitious? He also said that Villa decided not to pursue due to footballing reasons rather than him turning us down. It seems we are getting fed different stories by different people. Bruce has said several times that we are restricted to 2 loans at best, yet we are supposed to believe we could afford to get RVP whos wages would probably be even bigger than Terrys?

Also - I don't know why it bothers me so much that our CEO referred to the Premier League as the "Premiership" on about 30 occasions. It was rebranded around 2008, you'd expect someone so high up to know this. Calling our young striker "Keith Davis" was aslo a bit concerning! 

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what “football reasons” actually means. Surely RVP still has enough left in his legs to score goals in the Championship. Why would they have considered signing him in the first place? 

If we did go for him I’d imagine wages was an issue and/or we couldn’t convince him not to move back to Holland. I can’t imagine it would be because of football reasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I wonder what “football reasons” actually means. Surely RVP still has enough left in his legs to score goals in the Championship. Why would they have considered signing him in the first place? 

If we did go for him I’d imagine wages was an issue and/or we couldn’t convince him not to move back to Holland. I can’t imagine it would be because of football reasons. 

Probably offered him by an agent saw the figures involved and said no thanks as it would mean either no other loan or no other loan and have to off load someone else who is in the 1st team squad.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I wonder what “football reasons” actually means. Surely RVP still has enough left in his legs to score goals in the Championship. Why would they have considered signing him in the first place? 

If we did go for him I’d imagine wages was an issue and/or we couldn’t convince him not to move back to Holland. I can’t imagine it would be because of football reasons. 

I’d imagine not only did he want astronomical wages he probably had some unreasonable demands. Wouldn’t be surprised if he said he wanted to be captain. He comes across as very egotistical

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Junxs said:

Just listened to the interview on BBC WM website (its there for 30 days if anyone else missed the original airing)

actually heres the link, Keith starts 35 minutes in.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05rsgh0#play

Quite a few interesting points, the talks of making Aston like a 2nd city centre seem very ambitious (and amazing if they can pull it off), but in reality very unlikely if i'm being honest.

I'd like to know if we really were after Robin Van Persie or if he's just saying it to make us look more ambitious? He also said that Villa decided not to pursue due to footballing reasons rather than him turning us down. It seems we are getting fed different stories by different people. Bruce has said several times that we are restricted to 2 loans at best, yet we are supposed to believe we could afford to get RVP whos wages would probably be even bigger than Terrys?

Also - I don't know why it bothers me so much that our CEO referred to the Premier League as the "Premiership" on about 30 occasions. It was rebranded around 2008, you'd expect someone so high up to know this. Calling our young striker "Keith Davis" was aslo a bit concerning! 

 

 

I think Bruce has mentioned RVP post match so maybe some truth in it?

Managers and Directors forget things all the time at my place - it's normal. They have bigger fish to fry and only see the workforce as robots on the whole. Ask him how much Davis contract is worth and I bet he gets that right! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â