Keith Wyness

villan-scott

5 hours ago, useless said:

I thought my last post was going to get a gold star. Here's an article with some quotes from Wyness.

' “Every club has heard a new chairman coming in and promising the world and delivering an atlas!” '

I think the quotes like the above are quite promising and suggest that maybe there is actually some substances to Xia's ambitions for the club.

Hopefully we get a satnav instead, atlases are very old and outdated!

As it happens, I was brung up in Solihull, so it's clear the best and most loyal fans come from there. :P

But, actually, guys, here we have a thread about our new CEO (assuming he passes the fit & proper tests) and it has descended quickly into a local tribal war between Solihull and Leamington Spa. We need to get a bit more global if we are going to prepare to be the number one club in the world.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Really impressed with what this guy is saying.

Sounds like hes going to be at Villa 24-7 - he's said he is going to be hands on - and he has done the job before. Fingers crossed everything goes ok with F&P today - This guy already seems to have a handle on Aston Villa. 

At Aberdeen, he introduced heavily-incentivised contracts to encourage the players to fight for every point and a similar method would be beneficial here in the Midlands.

Been saying this for ages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Folski said:

At Aberdeen, he introduced heavily-incentivised contracts to encourage the players to fight for every point and a similar method would be beneficial here in the Midlands.

Been saying this for ages.

Fox did the same (for the marketing team).

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets hope he is more of  a Hollis than a fox

He is more properly qualified, actually been CEO at two previous clubs, Aberdeen and Everton which is what I was calling for someone who's actually fulfilled the role at other clubs which Fox and Faulkner weren't.

Remind me again what was the issue with Wyness at Everton....

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He is more properly qualified, actually been CEO at two previous clubs, Aberdeen and Everton which is what I was calling for someone who's actually fulfilled the role at other clubs which Fox and Faulkner weren't.

Remind me again what was the issue with Wyness at Everton....

I think it may have been the collapse of the new stadium that was planned and also the failure to find a new owner/investors. I think he also franchised out a lot of things so for example Everton did not generate any matchday revenue at Goodison Park as all the catering etc was franchised out. I'm not sure of the financial details for the catering franchise though so don't know if the deal was good or bad for Everton

2 hours ago, KHV said:

I think it may have been the collapse of the new stadium that was planned and also the failure to find a new owner/investors. I think he also franchised out a lot of things so for example Everton did not generate any matchday revenue at Goodison Park as all the catering etc was franchised out. I'm not sure of the financial details for the catering franchise though so don't know if the deal was good or bad for Everton

He said he came in when Everton had just sold Rooney, no wonder there is some negative association with him.

On 6/15/2016 at 20:05, sne said:

Massimiliano Marchesi will get him into shape in no time.

has he got a nick name?.....you deserve an award for spelling it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Seriously, how many people have ever failed the football league's fit & proper test?

I swear I read that more people fail it than pass it but you don't hear about it. Can't remember where I saw that and have no evidence to back it up, but pretty sure I did somewhere.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I swear I read that more people fail it than pass it but you don't hear about it. Can't remember where I saw that and have no evidence to back it up, but pretty sure I did somewhere.

Someone from this forum posted a link to this recently. Like yourself i cant remember who posted it or which thread it was in, but i certainly remember reading it. 

Â