Keith Wyness

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I guess we’ll never know the truth of what went on behind closed doors (I’m sure we’ve got ITK’s on here 😉 )

He was in charge at the club for over 2 years in the period where we almost went bust so seems like he has to at least share a portion of the blame of us almost going under. He was also signing off on some stupid deals too.

Oh I'm not suggesting he's blameless for a second.

But the impression I had was the reason he and Xia fell out was because he'd gone behind Xia's back in trying to find investment for the club because he knew it was going under.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on that. I can't point to any specific evidence that has given me that opinion.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But the impression I had was the reason he and Xia fell out was because he'd gone behind Xia's back in trying to find investment for the club because he knew it was going under.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on that. I can't point to any specific evidence that has given me that opinion.

This is the bit we’ll never know the truth of. The other argument is that he was trying to sell the club from under his boss’s feet to line his own pockets.

Nobody has employed him since the sacking from what I can tell.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know enough about this stuff to say either way, but wasn't Wyness the one trying to save the club by finding buyers when it was going under due to Xia's bullshit?

Open question, I genuinely don't know the answer.

That prick wanted to put us in administration which would have absolutely destroyed us. 

Edited by Demitri_C

• 5 months later...
Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

So can we take this as proof that Wyness did nothing wrong? Or is a Out of court settlement just better for everyone as it will keep the embarrassing truth of how our club was run under Xia out of there courts?

I think the latter

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

So can we take this as proof that Wyness did nothing wrong? Or is a Out of court settlement just better for everyone as it will keep the embarrassing truth of how our club was run under Xia out of there courts?

It certainly isn’t proof of anything.

But it’s just what we needed, now we can all forget the whole thing !

On 30/05/2019 at 08:47, Stevo985 said:

It would appear this was indeed the case. At least, it is going to be the official version !

3 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I suspect neither. Court cases like these drag on forever, does indeed make things public when it just isn’t necessary to do so, becomes a distraction, Chinese walls and all sorts of nonsense get set up on the clubs systems, correspondence starts being restricted and in the hands of solicitors, lawyers going through all the files and having to disclose confidential stuff blah blah.

We have owners for whom money is no object. Why bother when you can pay a comparatively low amount of money, make a statement that has been requested by Wyness’s solicitor and thereby avoid protracted and resource-consuming litigation and move on?

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the reasons for such a settlement. 9/10 it means “oh **** it let’s just move on I can’t be arsed”. 

Hopefully after this Wyness will never get another job in football again, we have now gotten his stench out of the club and drawn a line under everything so can now move forward. Hope he enjoys his ill-gotten gains the fat shit.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, useless said:

There's an interview with him in the athletic, apparently offered Moyes a ten year contract as our manager before giving the job to Bruce.

I wouldn't put it past him. With the ludicrous fees and wages paid during his tenure he very clearly has ZERO business acumen, so yeah, why not? Let's offer Moyes a 10 year contract. 

Â