Keith Wyness

villan-scott

22 minutes ago, Dale said:

If he's been in post for less that two years, he doesn't have a right to sue in Employment Tribunal. It's about two years now...

He can still take the club to court - provided he can find and pay a solicitor to represent him. Most likley this is posturing and he will settle out of court......compensation agreement in legal terms

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

So the case presented here against him so far seems to be that he is fat and a parasite.

Our legal boys are going to have to come up with something better than that I fear.

Dr Tony is no fool ...............

Or Actually he might be !

That £6m figure is clearly bullshit. If the Mail are correct and he's on £350k / year there's no way it'd get even close to that.

Actually, if he's in charge of contracts he's probably got it written in to his T's & C's. Xia doesn't have a clue what people earn anyway.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That £6m figure is clearly bullshit. If the Mail are correct and he's on £350k / year there's no way it'd get even close to that.

Actually, if he's in charge of contracts he's probably got it written in to his T's & C's. Xia doesn't have a clue what people earn anyway.

The cost of a court case is more than just the final settlement.  There are significant legal fees, and the award (should he win) would be more than just wages.  It's compensation for attempting to defame him.  But I'm no legalologist.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Birmingham Mail now running a story that Wyness has now been sacked:

But the same article also says he has left the club & is suing for constructive dismissal. So to summarise, they know as little as we do.

Edited by briny_ear

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

He can still take the club to court - provided he can find and pay a solicitor to represent him. Most likley this is posturing and he will settle out of court......compensation agreement in legal terms

Not on employment grounds, unless he is claiming we've discriminated based on a protected characteristic, or have directly breached contract in some way (not employment issue per se). You don't have the right to claim unfair dismissal (constructive or otherwise) until you've been employed for two years... I mean I'm assuming he's an employee as if he's on a service contract (which wouldn't be strictly legal) - other issues arise. It seems unlikely he has a case. 

According to that Telegraph article he's also taking legal action against Luke Organ and Ho - if he's fallen out with Tony that's one thing, yet he appears to be inflicting maximum possible damage more widely against the club. I hope he loses, but we shall have to see. 

• Like 1

I am hoping Dr Tony sacked him without compensation. Knowing that any legal action Wyness brings will be many months down the line and he (Dr Tony) will be long gone by then.

Edited by hippo

I'm genuinely stunned at how people are turning Keith Wyness suing for constructive dismissal into the 3rd phase of Villapocalypse.

People sue for constructive dismissal ALL the time, even Martin O'neill did.

He may or may not have done things which made the club feel they could dismiss him for foul play.

No one knows. 

It is nowhere near as dramatic as fans are making it out to be.

Not sure how this is another "Xia can't run a club" beating stick. lol

Bottom line is he wants money, what's the surprise?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

According to that Telegraph article he's also taking legal action against Luke Organ and Ho - if he's fallen out with Tony that's one thing, yet he appears to be inflicting maximum possible damage more widely against the club. I hope he loses, but we shall have to see. 

I hope whoever is in the wrong loses.

• Like 3

Â