Keith Wyness

villan-scott

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's difficult to see how we could afford bringing in two premier league players even on loan if we are just in line with FFP.

Maybe we didn't get them in because we couldn't shift Elphick and McCormack?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 11:55, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely if there is evidence that we can actually fill a 50k stadoum consistently. I mean even in our peak under mon we were still not selling out each week when we were successful. I think we need to be consistency be averaging over 40k for us to seriously consider this.

We averaged 40k between 07-10. That was just finishing 6th.

I think we could get 50k for the top matches. 60k would be a stretch though.

17 hours ago, thabucks said:

I know someone who worked for the engineering firm Atkins and he saw the plans Randy had drawn up apparently. I remember him telling me that Randy was torn between keeping the historic four separate stands or converting the North stand similar to St James park. He described one of the rough plans as having the Holte corner squared off along with the Trinity road corners squared off also. And the north stand was designed to be similar to the Chelsea village shed end. 

As proven with the bodge job at Anfield or the upper corners at old Trafford its  very difficult to marry stands together that were not designed to be. 

I just see it as just talk to distract from the serious issues on the pitch personally. I don't doubt that it's been spoken about just can't see it realistically being with the next 10 years. 

There were pictures of that posted on here, it was the North Stand build in the style of the new Trinity and they were joined together so it did look very much like Newcastle and pretty imposing.

I quite liked it and also liked the Holte still being a separate stand but think the general consensus was on here was of a rebuild of the North in the style of the Old Trinity (frontage).

Isn't safe standing going to be initially trialed in the corner of Holte/Trinity by the corner flag when permission is given?

Be interesting how Xia would like to proceed forward with the plans as/when the time comes.

On 07/09/2017 at 15:37, terrytini said:

One more season in this League and that may not seem either ironic or silly.

On the one hand it's nice to hear ambition from the Club. Football is about dreams and just like the Wizard of Oz it can ruin things if we "see behind the curtain"...

On the other hand I hope very much they also have a plan for a future with gates of 25000.

Our future as a ' big club' is a long way from certain and at some point we might be better served by accepting a new reality rather than hoping for a return to - far off - glories.

I think we are at our most precarious position since the late sixties.

Of course they won't have a plan for 25k gate because they won't be here! Wyness is full of s**t. He is just a salesman making his money. He don't care about the club. When we are well and truly screwed he will move on and continue to earn his money somewhere. He is all talk.

My advice is ignore everything that comes out of this fat charlatans mouth. 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course they won't have a plan for 25k gate because they won't be here! Wyness is full of s**t. He is just a salesman making his money. He don't care about the club. When we are well and truly screwed he will move on and continue to earn his money somewhere. He is all talk.

Get off that Wyness fence would ya and tell us what you think:P

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And your evidence for this is.........

On 07/09/2017 at 20:35, The Fun Factory said:

Did you see 10 years ago Man City having a 54,000 stadium and winning the title twice? No neither did I.  

Based on their owners 10 years ago maybe not but it wasn't impossible. Based on there owners 9 years It become very likely. 

By the way 10 years ago they had already been playing at a 48k stadium for several years. So increasing it to 54k wouldn't have  seen that crazy either. 

Time flys hey? We are miles behind the City before they had Arab owners. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If Bruce isn't sacked rhis week, we won't get promoted, and this bloke will be responsible. 

Show some bollocks and pull the trigger you plum. 

Â