Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I swear Elphick used to be a good CB, don't really understand what's happened to him.

Maybe classic case of a player in his comfort zone at a smaller club - he seemed to be like a frozen rabbit caught in the headlights ever since he arrived here .

He's like John Terry without any of his ability, fitness, positional awareness, tracking/ tackling skills, ball playing, crossing, passing , shooting, thow-in taking,corners , motivational ability, wife inticing ability, Roman warrior looks, incoming Wayne bridge hate and the names John and Terry in his name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Elphicks performance last night was appalling. Shouting insults at Steve Bruce and pretending to take his captains armband off in the first half were the actions of an asrsey 12 year old. I was astonished he returned for the second half. He then compounded everything by getting himself sent off - he seemed to deliberately contrive this. I was reminded of Alpay years ago and the tantrum he threw at VP - Alpay never again played for us. I hope the same is true of Elphick.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

elphick looks Finished to me here at Villa. Looks totally uninterested.

Based on what?

He came on for about 15 mins vs Millwall and had very little to do.

How did he look uninterested?

The guy is a crap defender, but what are people basing this on?

Didn't Jedinak nearly make the Millwall game? Radio said he was back in training so wouldn't shock me if he's next to Chester on Saturday.

Elphick is just a liability against any decent forward and Derby have a few of those currently.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what?

There was a moment when one of the millwall players was coming in and Chester was screaming at elphick he was just so lax just didn't look interested. I also think like he looked in pretty good condition last season despite being crap. Now he looks abit overweight. Also remember when tommy signed his first few games he was screaming barking orders now you don't ever see him do that at all.

just looks like he wants out to me

2 hours ago, KSV said:

He doesnt want to be here. Should be no where near this team. I would start Sulliman.. or even Richards over him. 

Luckily Mile will start with Chester. 

I hope you really are in Sydney, because you really shouldn't have had this much liquid refreshment before lunchtime. 

• Haha 1

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 11:23, KSV said:

He doesnt want to be here. Should be no where near this team. I would start Sulliman.. or even Richards over him. 

Luckily Mile will start with Chester. 

You'd start sulliman?  This isn't football manager. Granted elphick hasn't played much but to suggest starting a young fella who's seen no game time this year and who's only real league experience is a handful of games for Cheltenham, is ridiculous. 

On 11/12/2017 at 15:11, Stevo985 said:

Based on what?

Everything we have seen so far when he has played..

Would you agree he has declined further since Bruce arrived, then Terry spelling his days at B6 as numbered?

I don't see what he can now offer this team at this level based on what we have seen of him in his Villa career.

Â