Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Just popped on to a cherries forum (pun intended) to see what the reaction was from the fans about this and it's clear to see that while they don't think he can quite cut it in the BPL next year, they do think he'll be missed in and around the club. Described him as a leader of men and are fondly recalling some of his celebrations in big moments.

They did say that it's weird that him moving here was a step down for him now, which stung a bit so I won't be going back to that forum :lol:.

It'll only be a step down for 1 season and the clever footballers will realise that ;)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Just popped on to a cherries forum (pun intended) to see what the reaction was from the fans about this and it's clear to see that while they don't think he can quite cut it in the BPL next year, they do think he'll be missed in and around the club. Described him as a leader of men and are fondly recalling some of his celebrations in big moments.

They did say that it's weird that him moving here was a step down for him now, which stung a bit so I won't be going back to that forum :lol:.

DAYMAN.....OHUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Lets see if they are still saying that at the end of the season after we have changed places with them. ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

He's 1.8m tall so 5'10/5'11

1.8m = 5'9" which IMO is small for a centre half in the very physical Championship.

He has been promoted twice with Bournemouth so he has buckets of experience, I hope we get this one over the line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boumasbabies said:

1.8m = 5'9" which IMO is small for a centre half in the very physical Championship.

He has been promoted twice with Bournemouth so he has buckets of experience, I hope we get this one over the line.

I'm 1.79m which I know is 5 ft 10in, methinks you may be wrong!

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

1.8m is not 5'9".  It is 5.9 feet as in 5 feet and 9/10ths of a foot.  9/10ths of a foot is 10.8 inches.  So if Elphick is 1.8m then he is 5'10.8" or basically 5'11".

Or in layman's terms he is the real size of Tony Xia's jacket

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Seems a reasonably solid signing but I hope we're going to get some slightly more exciting incomings as well.

I really don't care about exciting for the near future. Just give me a few players that will put their body on the line for the club and play with a bit of heart for a while ala Petrov esque. I just want to get back caring about the players we put out this season as I lost that completely last season. I think the results will look after themselves if we have that. 

29 minutes ago, decamoto said:

I really don't care about exciting for the near future. Just give me a few players that will put their body on the line for the club and play with a bit of heart for a while ala Petrov esque. I just want to get back caring about the players we put out this season as I lost that completely last season. I think the results will look after themselves if we have that. 

That's fair enough - I agree.  But I'd also like a cherry on top of the cake to show that Dr X and RDM mean business. (I'm quite greedy).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

Seems a reasonably solid signing but I hope we're going to get some slightly more exciting incomings as well.

At this point, proven and capable players are what we need over flash...I like that things appear to be moving quickly though!

Â