Unpinning Blog at the top of the screen

sidcow

Question

8 answers to this question

I've noticed that when you first visit the page, the blog is expanded so fills the page, before then quickly compacting again to not take up much room.

Doesn't bother me, but maybe that's the source of the irritation, particularly if possibly a slower connection makes that process slower?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've noticed that when you first visit the page, the blog is expanded so fills the page, before then quickly compacting again to not take up much room.

Doesn't bother me, but maybe that's the source of the irritation, particularly if possibly a slower connection makes that process slower?

Ah I see. Browser and OS?

If it's doing that I can see why it's annoying.

Just now, limpid said:

Ah I see. Browser and OS?

If it's doing that I can see why it's annoying.

Chrome and Windows 7 currently. 

It was happening on my Chromebook (using Chrome, obvs) last night too.

It's a split second though, so again for me it's not an issue at all. But if that process takes longer then it might be an issue for others.

I actually quite like having the blog there

2 hours ago, V01 said:

It has been appearing above the forum listings for me which was a minor irritation, It seems to have gone back to the right hand bar now though.

W10 & Chrome

Yes, it was deliberately there. I've reproduced the weird loading the whole article thing so I've moved it while I see if I can fix it.

Feel free to leave it there, you'll be saving me a button press. If I was going to read the blogs I'd be more likely to click on them in the right hand bar rather than blocking the middle of the forum.

Â