Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
Sign in to follow this  
Genie

Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Recommended Posts

Kids probably took an extra cookie or something and just getting the karma they deserve...

 

Nick EardleyVerified account@nickeardleybbc · 2h

Have never seen anything like this in football stadium. Utter panic in England as some Russians charged. Women and children trampled.

Edited by gharperr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, krisagg75 said:

as an old fart who's been following footie abroad from 1980-present times what you have to realise is that for fans abroad the biggest thing for them is to fight the english,it's the citadel for them.if you you look at hooligans abroad,they display the union jack as it's the emblem of hooliganism.as dr p has said,we've brought it on ourselves.ask sevilla fans after the final against the plop.

don't buy that. I see hooligans as separate people to the everyday people. There are people getting caught up in stuff that don't deserve to be. Those who want to fight then to a degree, fine. But those who don't it's bloody disgusting. So "we" haven't got ourselves to blame. You're not at fault for the actions of other people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will certainly be some fans just in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's inevitable, but there's a good number that are just scum. 

Hopefully the pricks fighting the police get to spend a couple of years in a French prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Kids probably took an extra cookie or something and just getting the karma they deserve...

 

Nick EardleyVerified account@nickeardleybbc · 2h

Have never seen anything like this in football stadium. Utter panic in England as some Russians charged. Women and children trampled.

It seems to me that 'karma' is the wrong way to look at it. Instead it's 'paying the price', ie innocent people are being hurt because of years of rocket polishers in England colours kicking off around the continent, such that every other country's knuckledraggers view a game against England as a godsend. 

Some of the reports coming out over the last two days have been horrifying. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We seem to be the only country to bother banning our hooligan element from traveling to games abroad.

All sorts of accounts of coordinated attacks throughout the day by Russian ultras. Curiously it only seems to be British media pointing the finger at English fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

don't buy that. I see hooligans as separate people to the everyday people. There are people getting caught up in stuff that don't deserve to be. Those who want to fight then to a degree, fine. But those who don't it's bloody disgusting. So "we" haven't got ourselves to blame. You're not at fault for the actions of other people. 

some of the most loyal/passionate villa fans i have known have been our hooligan element.the "they're not football fans is bull crap".

through my brother having worked with some of them i know some of c-crew.to say we don't have ourselves to blame is to be unaware of our history.you can go back to the early 70's with arsenal/pool/derby and leeds fans to know where the problem stems.myself i have been to every final(euro and world),from 86-2000.in my time i've seen people of all ages sing 2 world wars and 1 world cup to germans.we do have ourselves to blame.in the 1990 world cup i was attacked at the semi-final by italian fans looking for english as that was a badge of honour for them.i'm a devout coward who has run from any trouble.i remember coming into rotterdam railway station in 2000 and seeing the fear on peoples faces hearing england fans singing.

if you go to the european hotspots this summer then who will be the worst behaved there,us.we do have a history and dr p is right to say we have brought it on ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show me the videos of English fans stamping on Russians' heads.

There are some English yobs about, but the Russians are organised and dangerous. A few hundred of them roaming about as a pack carrying out coordinated attacks on English fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krisagg75 said:

if you go to the european hotspots this summer then who will be the worst behaved there,us

No, I won't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No, I won't be.

run out of likes so quoting this instead.quality.

don't forget to have a bit though. :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Show me the videos of English fans stamping on Russians' heads.

There are some English yobs about, but the Russians are organised and dangerous. A few hundred of them roaming about as a pack carrying out coordinated attacks on English fans.

i've been reading about the modern hoolies and it seems the russians are one of the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The local soccer club here in USAland has a junior supporters club called the the little hooligans... wtf.  

Pretty clear that the French policing has left an awful lot to be desired. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Who is 'we'? How can you legislate for the minority of idiots causing trouble in bygone tournaments thereby making it okay for anyone from an entire nation to be attacked at will and it to simply be a case of 'oh, they're from England, they must have been causing a bit of trouble and they deserve it'. It's absolute bollox.

It's not 'absolute bollocks' though, is it. 

The person above is right, I haven't seen any videos of England fans stamping on people's heads. But to be honest, that seems like a fairly minimal behavioural barrier to clear. I have seen videos - large numbers at this point - of England fans throwing chairs and bottles, shouting or singing deliberately offensive chants and songs, and generally being drunk and disorderly in the centre of a major city. 

Whether you want them to, these idiots reflect badly on all of us. We, as a nation, are being damned by proxy. The FA, representing all of us, will be fined and criticised. Our police will rightly be blamed for failing to prevent a number of known troublemakers from travelling. And if we get barred from a future tournament that will be a punishment we all face. 

These people are a disgusting face of Britain, but they absolutely are 'we'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not 'absolute bollocks' though, is it. 

The person above is right, I haven't seen any videos of England fans stamping on people's heads. But to be honest, that seems like a fairly minimal behavioural barrier to clear. I have seen videos - large numbers at this point - of England fans throwing chairs and bottles, shouting or singing deliberately offensive chants and songs, and generally being drunk and disorderly in the centre of a major city. 

Whether you want them to, these idiots reflect badly on all of us. We, as a nation, are being damned by proxy. The FA, representing all of us, will be fined and criticised. Our police will rightly be blamed for failing to prevent a number of known troublemakers from travelling. And if we get barred from a future tournament that will be a punishment we all face. 

These people are a disgusting face of Britain, but they absolutely are 'we'. 

Of course it reflects poorly for the reasons you have described, but to suggest innocent fans getting charged by hooligan groups is simply a case of being 'deserved by association' is complete nonsense (which is the point I was making).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Of course it reflects poorly for the reasons you have described, but to suggest innocent fans getting charged by hooligan groups is simply a case of being 'deserved by association' is complete nonsense (which is the point I was making).

'Karma' no, 'paying the price' yes, for those who actually are innocent of causing trouble. They have my sympathy. 

Those who went looking for trouble and found it bigger than they expected get no sympathy from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omariqy said:

The irony of football chavs asking for balanced reporting in the media. 

Why is this ironic? And it's not just "football chavs" it's all England fans, the immediate conclusion if there's any trouble involving them is it's their fault and if it's not they deserved it anyway. The general sentiment of this thread sums it up pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a friend of mine in Australia just text saying isn't it sickening these Russians jumping the English... Yet British media is saying it's the English fans fault..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems many English caught up in this were totally innocent. Aged 50+ should be off limits, but these Russian words removed appear to be psychotic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

High alert for terrorists...not drunken thick yobs. You can't control that given the numbers.

The would-be terrorists must be enjoying this stupid spectacle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â