Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

England fans getting attacked but that obviously has absolutely nothing to with the violence they've participated in of late and that fantastic reputation they have cultivated over the years, nothing to do with it. It's called karma. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

High alert for terrorists...not drunken thick yobs. You can't control that given the numbers.

I just saw a short clip where hundreds of Russians free to enter the English part of the stadium, no security or police in sight.

Fire crackers and flares going off during the game. Did they not bother doing searches? Probably could have got an AK-47 in there 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

In 1 sense, yes there will be trouble. But it'll be a lot harder and more expensive to get to for many. I expect the Russian cops to do a far "firmer" policing job than this shambles from the French. 

This is a good point. I went to the World Cup in Brazil and we were in Sao Paolo for the Uruguay game. Lots of banter with the Uruguayan fans but I didn't see any trouble at all. This tournament is a piece of piss for every knuckle head and his doberman to turn up to.

I actually had tickets for tonight's game but couldn't make it. I will be in St. Etienne for the Slovakia game and am hoping a lot of the trouble will have subsided by then. I won't hold my breath though.

Needless to say, the day after the game I'll be getting the flock out of dodge and heading back out of France.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Lets be honest the Russian fans are arseholes as well. 

Definitely. Reading the Twitter account of a Daily Star reporter named Jerry Lawton there are a lot of stories about organised russian hooligans attacking the english all through the day.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

England fans getting attacked but that obviously has absolutely nothing to with the violence they've participated in of late and that fantastic reputation they have cultivated over the years, nothing to do with it. It's called karma. 

Problem with that is there are bound to be people there for the first time following England. There will be a lot of people there who have no intention of being violent or ever cause trouble but what do you do if you're attacked? You have to defend yourself. I think this situation applies to fans from all countries. Minorities are spoiling it and attacking people who don't want trouble too. 

33 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

Problem with that is there are bound to be people there for the first time following England. There will be a lot of people there who have no intention of being violent or ever cause trouble but what do you do if you're attacked? You have to defend yourself. I think this situation applies to fans from all countries. Minorities are spoiling it and attacking people who don't want trouble too. 

as an old fart who's been following footie abroad from 1980-present times what you have to realise is that for fans abroad the biggest thing for them is to fight the english,it's the citadel for them.if you you look at hooligans abroad,they display the union jack as it's the emblem of hooliganism.as dr p has said,we've brought it on ourselves.ask sevilla fans after the final against the plop.

Â