Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

7 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Within minutes of arriving in my hotel in Lyon this evening, there was an incident of England fan on French local violence resulting in a punch up and an England fan being walloped unconscious by someone.

We went to a nearby winebar to get something to eat yet all we could hear was "10 German bombers....". 

We're not even playing tonight so I don't understand the level of antagonistic chanting. Plus, who exactly is a WWII song aimed at when we're playing Slovakia in France? I was in Prague for the Wales match where herds of England fans the chanting the same "song" at the Welsh. The **** Welsh! The same Welsh that were in the RAF from "England".

How long before someone suggests that we need some new songs?

It banterz bruvs  :trollface:

"Stand up, if you hate the French, Stand up, if you hate the French, Stand up, if you hate the French, Stand up, if you hate the French"

shortly followed by

"QUICK QUICK Mr local paramedic, help my friend who got hit by a flying chair"

• Like 1

Was in St etienne today, was there Friday for Czech rep. Vs Croatia too

friday we went to the square in front of the big church, UEFA put a DJ on, coca cola had 2 stalls, carlsberg had a stall, official merchandise, probably about 500 chairs and tables put out by the 10-15 bars and restaurants that line the square, Croatia fans were boisterous loads of flares and smoke bombs 

today the DJ was there, that was it from UEFA, no coca cola, no carlsberg, no fan stuff, no tables and chairs, the bars were still open but I think about 2 of them were letting people in, the rest put a beer seller on a table out front, that meant no toilets which meant using the rumble boxes the city had provided which was nowhere near enough meaning streams of piss were running in the square

England fans were better behaved than probably the NI, Croatia and Albania fans I'd spent time with before and yet the facilities we got provided were **** shit

22 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's almost as if people should be expected to do their jobs, regardless of someone's opinion of them.

Sure. Paramedics take the oath. 

But if England fans think that sort of behaviour (calling me a word removed and then quoting my contract at me) is going to lead to anything other than lasting bitterness and resentment, then they're dreaming. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

They've not been saints themselves.

I'm obviously on about the ones who were not involved.  They must be wondering WTH they did to deserve the shite they've endured since the start.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

The Croatian radical fans said they plan on attacking the referee in today's match. 

If that's true I hope it doesn't happen. What absolute **** up words removed must someone be to attack a ref. 

They should give him a taser just in case, at the shout of 'man on' he can whip it out and floor the first one ;)

They said on the radio this morning that England have one of the lowest percent arrest rates  per fan... Obviously it can be misconstrued but it does show some media here only want to portray the fans in a bad light.

• Like 4

Context: One Irish fan jumped and stood on the roof and dented it. They then slipped in some money through the window cracks at first to try and compensate for the damages. Then some people just hammered away trying to fix the dents manually. They succeeded. The End.

Ad1ToEa.gif

BOF : Fixed.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2016 at 03:23, villa4europe said:

Was in St etienne today, was there Friday for Czech rep. Vs Croatia too

friday we went to the square in front of the big church, UEFA put a DJ on, coca cola had 2 stalls, carlsberg had a stall, official merchandise, probably about 500 chairs and tables put out by the 10-15 bars and restaurants that line the square, Croatia fans were boisterous loads of flares and smoke bombs 

today the DJ was there, that was it from UEFA, no coca cola, no carlsberg, no fan stuff, no tables and chairs, the bars were still open but I think about 2 of them were letting people in, the rest put a beer seller on a table out front, that meant no toilets which meant using the rumble boxes the city had provided which was nowhere near enough meaning streams of piss were running in the square

England fans were better behaved than probably the NI, Croatia and Albania fans I'd spent time with before and yet the facilities we got provided were **** shit

The fanzone in St. Etienne wasn't too bad mate. Lots of bars, a DJ and some really nice food trucks. Stayed out of the the centre and just kept to the fanzone and the match.

Atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic, especially later in the second half. Just a shame about the actual game.

• Like 2

Â